Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

To be a slight pedant, you never asked a question.

None of us know what levels of dissent were given to the officials. Grealish seemed more aggressive in his shouting than others.

Ultimately, whatever I suggest, you’ll disagree with, so we might as well leave it there.

Most LotG have elements of subjectivity. This allows different outcomes to come from similar incidents.

Someone on tonight’s match thread came out with “if City had fouled like that, we’d have at least 2 yellow cards”. Now this is a totally subjective opinion based on them thinking we get too many cards.

Spurs have loads more than we do so far this season.
To also be pedantic I did ask a question. You said he should have booked Mitoma in the post I originally replied to, I asked,
"the first time,
the second time
or both times"
As for Grealish being more aggressive in his engagement with the linesman without knowing what was said is on a par with Horlick being booked for aggressive walking!
Regards LotG it does seem more decisions are becoming subjective since the introduction of VAR, I know, I know, another topic.
I am happy to leave it there not because I disagree with you but if you want to stand on the hill defending referees on a referees performance thread you must expect to answer tough questions.
Enjoy the rest of your evening, mine has been spoilt since spurs went 2 nil up.

To also be pedantic I did ask a question. You said he should have booked Mitoma in the post I originally replied to, I asked,
"the first time,
the second time
or both times"
As for Grealish being more aggressive in his engagement with the linesman without knowing what was said is on a par with Horlick being booked for aggressive walking!
Regards LotG it does seem more decisions are becoming subjective since the introduction of VAR, I know, I know, another topic.
I am happy to leave it there not because I disagree with you but if you want to stand on the hill defending referees on a referees performance thread you must expect to answer tough questions.
Enjoy the rest of your evening, mine has been spoilt since spurs went 2 nil up.
Ah, ok. Yeah, I did answer. The second time. It’s in my reply above.

Not really sure a decision in 1998 is relevant to today, so forgive me for ignoring the Horlock comparison.

Sorry to hear your evening has been spoilt by Spurs. It hasn’t for me. They’re still irrelevant until they ever post any sort of title charge.

It's guesswork. It's unfortunate, but it is inevitable at times.

As pointed out, the referee is unsighted, and the linesman is rightly up the pitch, possibly unsighted too. It's the referee's call. In certain situations, he has to decide on the balance of probabilities. In this case, the Brighton player went to ground after a challenge from a player slightly behind him. A foul wasn't an unreasonable call, even if it was the wrong one. It's a good job it didn't lead to an equaliser.

These decisions really do balance out over time.
If these decisions even out over time presumably we’ll stop getting the huge disparity between our possession and our free kicks and yellow cards against? We must be really dirty cunts when we have the ball

The referee reacted to the flag and blew the whistle.

I genuinely thought protocol was to let the play develop and let VAR decide if the ball ends up in the net. After this nonsense I now think the protocol is (especially where we are concerned) whatever the f*ck they want it to be.
Is it just me,or does the flag seem to go up a lot less in those situations,if certain other teams are playing?It’s so f’kin easy,..and nobody else are going to put two and two together,..are they!?Like Pep said,.’we’ve done it without any help’.
Incredible,..really f’kin is!

Low level cheating is a great way to manage the game for PGMOL
Rodri’s yellow a perfect example. Yes he was stupid, but so were the opposition players who did the same thing unpunished
And they quickly realised it as well
The Hwang decision at Wolves is for me one of the worst of the entire season, worse than Konate on Saturday.
You could see in his face even he was expecting to walk and he was both delighted and amazed when he didn’t
Yet brushed over and ignored by the media

Low level cheating is a great way to manage the game for PGMOL
Rodri’s yellow a perfect example. Yes he was stupid, but so were the opposition players who did the same thing unpunished
And they quickly realised it as well
The Hwang decision at Wolves is for me one of the worst of the entire season, worse than Konate on Saturday.
You could see in his face even he was expecting to walk and he was both delighted and amazed when he didn’t
Yet brushed over and ignored by the media
Brushed over?

Unless at the game or watching the full match on-line nobody would have any idea that Jones wasn't coming off the pitch having a wonderful game.

I rarely watch MOTD and when I do it's only our bit but yet again it was like their 10/15 mins was from a game in a different universe to what I witnessed live.

Does the fact that Rob Jones is from Merseyside have any bearing on his performance?
nope. no more than the silly conspiracies about paul tierney, chris kavanagh and anthony taylor being pro city/united because they are from greater manchester are

On Saturday never mind the fouls how man yards did Brighton gain on every free kick and throw in I know every team gains a few yards but they took the piss. Add to that they must have had 4 or 5 foul throws they weren’t pulled up on
At one stage in the second half he appeared to warn one of the Brighton players that they were committing foul throw ins. I wasn’t aware that advice and instruction was the PGMOL protocol for dealing with infringements rather than penalising the offence. Maybe he could have ‘advised’ Rodri about kicking the ball away or Grealish about called the linesman a useless twat!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.