Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

I’ve just seen the Akanji second yellow card from Saturday again. When I saw it in the ground on Saturday I thought it was soft but having seen it this morning it is beyond soft.

was it covered on Ref Watch yesterday and if so did Dermott give his usual ref was right conclusion?

I decided to look at the other offside decision against Duco and I have serious doubts about its accuracy too. Again it is difficult to pick the exact frame but none of them show it as clearly offside (and given that the camera angle isn't ideal).
Here's a frame just after the ball has left Foden's foot (and what a magnificent pass it was!)
Duko offside 2.png
I don't see how the man with the chequered flag can give that with any confidence. In this case of course Duko is a distance from goal and so Stephen230's point about an immediate goal scoring opportunity is valid, if Duko actually is offside. I don't think that it really applied in the other offside decision where Duko was only just outside the penalty area with Haarland running to receive a cross and as demonstrated the ball went to Rodri who was able to put the ball in the net (albeit the Brighton players had stopped defending but nonetheless it was within shooting range).
I note that it was the same AR who was involved with Grealish when he was shown the yellow card.

I’ve just seen the Akanji second yellow card from Saturday again. When I saw it in the ground on Saturday I thought it was soft but having seen it this morning it is beyond soft.

was it covered on Ref Watch yesterday and if so did Dermott give his usual ref was right conclusion?
Oh yes. Not only was it the correct decision but Stephen Warnock adjusted his fake spectacles, adopted his most serious voice and remarked how good it was to see a referee give a City player a red card at The Etihad. Sue Smith nodded wisely, Dermott stood there looking slightly vacant and the presenter told us repeatedly that he shared the same name as the referee … riveting TV.

I will have a word with a lady I sometimes talk to when walking my dog. Her husband is one of the assessors. I did politely enquire as to what team they all support from her family. The question was ignored. Also interesting is that her son In law is Anthony Taylor.

Don’t know if you’re implying that Taylor’s father in law would be assessing him. But he wouldn’t. He’s an assessor for referees in the Football League, not the Premier League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.