Ref Watch

Wow a wolves fan complaining about VAR. probably one of the most bent decisions I’ve ever seen not to award the pen in the first half. The fact the that fat boy moss missed it was bad enough, but for VAR not to award it was a total disgrace.

Wolves fan here. Have to say you deserved to win the game but to get stitched up by VAR stinks. Never a penalty but should have had one earlier. Every time Adama had the ball first half he was fouled and you eventually had 2 bookings but that meant fat boy Moss had to book Jimenez and he was silly for the red. But does anyone think the first tackle was a yellow? Today Man City, liverplol, Chelsea and Man Utd all had penalties that if they were the other way round would have been changed by VAR. The league is corrupt and the big clubs might as well play themselves every week because the rest of don’t matter.
I agree. And we know how it feels to get stitched up by VARse, believe you me.

If Rodri’s is a yellow, then Jimenez’a first is also a yellow. I don’t see how you can deny that, mate.

I was disappointed with the lack of attacking intent from your lot yesterday. It must have been sickening to see your team so anti-attacking. I would be more angry at that than the ref, quite frankly. Get Nuno back.

Wolves fan here. Have to say you deserved to win the game but to get stitched up by VAR stinks. Never a penalty but should have had one earlier. Every time Adama had the ball first half he was fouled and you eventually had 2 bookings but that meant fat boy Moss had to book Jimenez and he was silly for the red. But does anyone think the first tackle was a yellow? Today Man City, liverplol, Chelsea and Man Utd all had penalties that if they were the other way round would have been changed by VAR. The league is corrupt and the big clubs might as well play themselves every week because the rest of don’t matter.

I think you're dead right about Jimenez, as was Lage post-match. The first booking was Moss evening up a bit, but didn't in itself justify a card.

Your team were a complete disgrace yesterday, anti football, more concerned with feigning injury. I’ve nothing against Wolves but that isn’t football, shocking tactics, I’d hate to watch that on a regular basis.

Thanks for posting, and welcome.

My thoughts about the two penalties are opposite to yours. The first one that was denied, when your defender moved his shoulder towards and made contact with the ball, was not a definite penalty in my opinion. The changes to The Laws of the Game now day that if the ball hits the upper arm, it is not handball. The upper arm can be taken to be the arm covered by a short sleeves shirt. It looked too me as though the ball did touch the upper arm, so no penalty. Having said that, there was no definitive video or still shot pricing where the ball hit the defender. Marriner on VAR should have asked Moss to take another look at that. Walton's opinion is irrelevant because he's gave no indication that he is even aware of the law amendment. At least Gallagher referred to it, so he is aware. None of the pundits send are of the law amendment either.

On to the second - the one that was given, and I think this was a penalty. The defender had his arm raised, so it was in an unnatural position. The ball clearly hit his arm, so the question is, did it hit above or below the sleeve? Moss thought below, and there was no conclusive video to render that opinion as a clear error, so the penalty stood.

But regardless of any of this, Moss set his standard for handballs when he penalised Jesus In the first half. Using the same measures, at least one of the above penalty shouts had to be given.

I agree with you that Liverpool and United get very soft penalties, but don't make the mistake of lumping us in with them. Today's was our first penalty in the league this season, I believe. Check our record - we have had many good penalty claims turned away, but then I suppose all fans think this of their own team.

I don't think Jimenez's first caution should have been given. But I think some of our were soft too. The second caution was idiotic beyond belief though, and Moss had no choice but to send him off. Maybe Jimenez was caught it by Wolves' spiking tactics though. I can imagine they were told to slow down the game as much as possible. Stay down when fouled. Waste time on restarts. Stop us taking quick free kicks etc. I'm not saying these aren't legitimate tactics, just that they may have worked against Jimenez on this occasion.

Traore was fouled a lot. I don't think he was targeted per se. It's just that we are very aggressive in trying to regain possession of the ball, and we do commit fouls sometimes.
Thats a nice measured response mate. I actually thought, in terms of fouls, we were the victim rather than the criminal. The fouls that were given for Traore compared to those not given for Raheem were simply laughable. I joke with Mrs S that it would take someone toting a machine gun to be penalised where Sterling is concerned. I wish someone would compile a video of examples of challenges on him in the penalty box vs those on Salah in particular and the outcome of those challenges. No foul, no foul, no foul vs penalty, penalty, penalty.
Nowhere is the cheating more evident in how those two players are refereed.

First yellow isn’t harsh. He has three goes and would never have a chance of touching ball so it’s a deliberate act of cheating. It should always be a yellow.
I’m certain the likes of shearer would be saying the same if it was dippers

Wow a wolves fan complaining about VAR. probably one of the most bent decisions I’ve ever seen not to award the pen in the first half. The fact the that fat boy moss missed it was bad enough, but for VAR not to award it was a total disgrace.

Walton said on BT that Moss had seen it, how the fuck does he know ffs, unless he lives in Moss's head, blokes a 1st class prick

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.