Referees/Officials

Nobody will agree with me on this most likely, but I thought the ref was more than fair today, for a change. He was extremely lenient with a few of our tackles in the first half, Sane for example and as for the penalty, had Sterling gone down he would have hopefully have given it. Doesn't make it right, but perhaps, just perhaps, he assumed (wrongly) that Sterling playing on, meant he wasn't impeded. I know I know.

So, whilst his performance was far from perfect, given recent games the ref was decent, that aside, we had enough bloody good chances, yet again to win, my son and I were ecstatic when a certain Mr. Jesus scored the sadly offside goal in the last few.

I thought the ref had a very good game other than the three penalties and the offside Assist from Kane.
I would also mention Otta's yellow but I have no idea what that was for.

Don't forget the officials are now professionals. Not sure what they are professional at but professional something's ha ha.

All I want is consistency and a fair grasp of the rules - not alot to ask is it?

"How come Spuds could take a fee kick for offside in our half????"

That truly was baffling.

Not baffling, SB. That kind of thing is becoming standard for the opposition at The Etihad. The biggest laugh of the day though must go to Marriner for that incident where one of ours is clearly fouled in the first half just outside the centre circle, the entire ground are as one voice and Marriner looks as though he's lost his winning lottery ticket. Only the linesman flagged, and then Marriner wakes up and books the perpetrator. It's just risible.

Three pens gone begging today, and Haringey escape with the full eleven when one of them should have been red carded. The whole thing is just one bad joke after another.

The refs who turn up at The Etihad are getting progressively worse, so much so that for the last game of the season I expect the ref to turn up wearing an opposition shirt.

More chances going begging again though. It's our own incompetence at not putting away enough chances to have won the game twice, coupled with a ref who disapplies the law regarding holding and pushing on our players in the opposition area.

Not baffling, SB. That kind of thing is becoming standard for the opposition at The Etihad. The biggest laugh of the day though must go to Marriner for that incident where one of ours is clearly fouled in the first half just outside the centre circle, the entire ground are as one voice and Marriner looks as though he's lost his winning lottery ticket. Only the linesman flagged, and then Marriner wakes up and books the perpetrator. It's just risible.

Three pens gone begging today, and Haringey escape with the full eleven when one of them should have been red carded. The whole thing is just one bad joke after another.

The refs who turn up at The Etihad are getting progressively worse, so much so that for the last game of the season I expect the ref to turn up wearing an opposition shirt.

More chances going begging again though. It's our own incompetence at not putting away enough chances to have won the game twice, coupled with a ref who disapplies the law regarding holding and pushing on our players in the opposition area.

The annoying thing is that there is fuck all we can do about it. Point it out, and you're called delusional or paranoid. You can't win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.