Referees/Officials

Serious question.

Can the PL, and to an extent UEFA, who have no affect on the PL, go another season without Manchester United being in the CL?

It's a bit like Madrid and/or Barcelona from Spain, or Bayern Munich from Germany, not being in it.

And don't forget UEFA have increased the PL CL places to 4, to try and make sure the like's of Manchester United get into the CL.

That rule change was brought about by the lIkes of Gill, who's now part of UEFA, and United, so they have more of a chance of getting a CL place.

No there's probably no weekly match fixing going on, but the tools are being put in place by those who run football to keep the cash coming in.

As with any business and group, be it legal or illegal, all that matters' is that the money doesn't stop flowing, regardless of who get's taken out, if they stand in the way, and are an obstacle.

I genuinely think that much of the "evidence" that is cited is often down to sheer incompetence on the part of the officials, and also the fact that it's an incredibly difficult job in the first place.

I do think there is a general bias towards some of the "bigger" clubs, but don't believe there's a concerted plan to ensure that it happens.

But this 'incompetence ' very rarely manifests itself in favour of the smaller or less fancied club, whys that if it's not rigged?

Taylor also got Mourinho banned earlier in the season for kicking a bottle. If he does not take action against Arsene does that mean he is showing bias against United?

Wrong I'm afraid Frank, it's been written into the FA code of conduct for managers that kicking bottles etc... is dangerous and is an instant sending off.

I genuinely think that much of the "evidence" that is cited is often down to sheer incompetence on the part of the officials, and also the fact that it's an incredibly difficult job in the first place.

I do think there is a general bias towards some of the "bigger" clubs, but don't believe there's a concerted plan to ensure that it happens.

Absolutely agree re: incompetence vs. conspiracy. Regarding the difficult job bit: in North American sports, as the games have changed and become faster and players better and stronger, more in-game officials have been added in basketball and American football and hockey in recent years, and even more are being contemplated. All these sports also have video review to varying degrees, including baseball. I can understand the debate in football re: the latter because of pace of play and the free-flowing nature of the game (not that I'm against replay), but why can't another on-field referee be added? Another set of eyes is needed in today's game, clearly.

if you don't think it's fixed mate that's your problem, but yesterday and today have pretty much proved it for me.

No, having crazy scattering theories about match fixing is your problem, not somebody else's. I do not know why there is an effort by some on here to spoil other people's enjoyment of the sport, but there is.

I suggest if they really think it is fixed then go and do something else with the remaining days of your life

The refs simply need help and putting out of their misery. It probably is an all time low standard wise but with twitter feeds, forums, 24hr football coverage every decision is analysed to the end degree and this heightens their failings.

Would you class us as one of the 'bigger clubs' that their might be a general bias towards.

I do wonder, subconsciously, if say a referee was managing a side competing for the title against a mid-table team he would be more inclined to award contentious decisions in their favour so as not too detrimentally affect that teams chances (Although I appreciate it would detrimentally affect another team) of potentially winning the title.

But this 'incompetence ' very rarely manifests itself in favour of the smaller or less fancied club, whys that if it's not rigged?

I have yet to see a single domestic game which, in terms of the result, I have thought that the rags were on the wrong end of either refereeing incompetence and/or an unfortunate application of the rules.

This is not so much the case in the Champions League, where their treatment is broadly as per most of the other English-based teams.

It's an incredible coincidence that the incompetence of officials should only manifest itself when certain Clubs are (or are not) involved.

Incredible.

F***ing hell!

Hull should have got a clear free kick, referee ignores it, and Costa ends up scoring.

I agree Mancityus it was a clear penalty. You may have misunderstood me, there is a trail of thought, on here, refs are giving horrendous decisions in favour of favoured clubs to influence match results.

Posters have suggested this was done at the Arsenal Match. I just dont see, if this was the refs plan, why he would have sent Xhaka off and given Burnley a pen in injury time if his remit was to fix the result in Arsenals favour??? Seems he went about it the hard way if this was his intention.

Again maybe he did not want to give red to Xhaka but was forced to after linesman input. Maybe after coverage of blatant Rojo tackles being ignored he was forced to give a red.

But if you are saying that big revenue generating sides do not get more calls in their favor than others then you are ignoring reality. PL is broadcast worldwide and Arsenal coming back to win goes down well with ratings and that is just how it is. For example the amount of coverage a sixth placed Man United gets in US is unbelievable - and coverage is how they are climbing into top four and how they cannot be ruled out of the title yet.

The very fact most of the conversations after close matches are about referees decisions rather than player and team performances shows there is something wrong with the current setup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.