Referees/Officials

True, but we can have plenty of complaints about some of the yellow cards we get compared to other teams, and some of those other teams don't get.

The Everton kid last week, a case in point, he should have had a yellow early in the game, and quite possibly another couple. Nothing against the kid, he played well, and deserved his goal, but for me had he been dealt with appropriately, he wouldn't have been able to have that game, he wasn't carded all game, despite committing about 10 fouls. Compare that to David Silva in the same game, who was booked (possibly correctly, though I thought it debatable) for his first tackle, and we are regularly on the end of stuff like this.

Totally agree but a lot of our bookings are for cynical fouls to stop break up the game

The standard of officiating this season has been poor on all levels this season. As most managers say it evens out. Would be good to know the major game changing cock ups made by refs over the season & the teams they affect.

True, but we can have plenty of complaints about some of the yellow cards we get compared to other teams, and some of those other teams don't get.

The Everton kid last week, a case in point, he should have had a yellow early in the game, and quite possibly another couple. Nothing against the kid, he played well, and deserved his goal, but for me had he been dealt with appropriately, he wouldn't have been able to have that game, he wasn't carded all game, despite committing about 10 fouls. Compare that to David Silva in the same game, who was booked (possibly correctly, though I thought it debatable) for his first tackle, and we are regularly on the end of stuff like this.

That scruffy fucker didn't even get a yellow for jumping in the crowd after scoring!! A ridiculous rule I think we'd all agree on but rules are rules, he should have been off end of story, as should Wanyama yesterday, how can he deliberately handle the call to stop us breaking but not get booked??

Amazing really that the game is still relying on the refereeing system agreed during the late 19th century when it was played on muddy fields and players just came from the pub.

The refs just can't keep up with how quick the game is now.

Amazing really that the game is still relying on the refereeing system agreed during the late 19th century when it was played on muddy fields and players just came from the pub.

The refs just can't keep up with how quick the game is now.

Sorry mate but that's just a cop out, I accept it's faster now and harder for them but they don't do themselves any favours whatsoever with there pandering to certain clubs and individuals. Clattenburg with Slurgie before the FA cup final springs to mind.

I'm not 'inferring' anything, its quite obvious to me, its every week.

Thats fair enough and that is your view and your entitled to it. Just interesting the number of different strains of the agenda being suggested. I actually think yours is more likely, achieveable than the others suggested as it afflicts one club directly.

A mix between these two........

0e24494b5019c1007e9214e03d77c2d8.jpg
stooges.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.