Referees/Officials

Wasn't Marriner responsible for Fergietime? that could explain it.

Mike Dean got demoted earlier this season after a string of howlers. Cant imagine Marriner will be demoted after Saturday, though.

Did he? Down to the championship? Or just to 4th official? The ref I can remember got booted to the lower leagues again

Championship - though from memory he got quite a big game (Leeds IIRC vs can't remember who)

Ah wait, that was a televised game wasn't it? I want a hard permanent demotion, let them prove themselves again. Just so there are stakes in place so they second guess whether to help a team out for personal or professional gain.

Edit: Oh he's been demoted this week! Haha and he made a howler giving a pen for handball outside the box. Barnsley/Leeds on TV. Hopefully that sees him getting non televised championship games from now on.

Last edited:
I said last week that they were all rubbish. Saturday's pathetic performance just confirmed it. Doesnt matter who it is.

I said last week that they were all rubbish. Saturday's pathetic performance just confirmed it. Doesnt matter who it is.

I think we can categorise it as some make less mistakes than others although I do think if we all sat down and sat emotions to the side, we could accept some mistakes are natural, that many could make.

Ah wait, that was a televised game wasn't it? I want a hard permanent demotion, let them prove themselves again. Just so there are stakes in place so they second guess whether to help a team out for personal or professional gain.

Edit: Oh he's been demoted this week! Haha and he made a howler giving a pen for handball outside the box. Barnsley/Leeds on TV. Hopefully that sees him getting non televised championship games from now on.

He got the local TV match.
There are more PL refs than PL matches, so each week 1-2 of them ref a league down.

Whether it's demotion depends on the media narrative at the time.

They've still technically got it wrong if the flag was raised before Aguero reached the Spurs player, would have to re-watch it to find out. Because technically, he's involved in the playz the !moment he makes a move towards the ball in an offside position.

I guess it's when he gets close enough to make a difference. If he'd run halfway and stopped, he'd not have been interfering.

Another decision I found hard to belive was when he blew for offside in the first half but then allowed the spuds to take the free kick inside our half !!
Glad you mentioned that, I was absolutely astounded at such a ridiculous mistake for an experienced red, sorry ref to make. We were all astonished by that !!!

Didn't no that . Bloody stupid rule as the offence was committed in the spuds half so that's where the free kick should be taken . Know one round us knew this new rule as we were all calling for the ball to be moved to the correct spot.

You could hear over the TV, and the two co-commentators didn't know either. I looked it up because it seemed so odd.

Nor did Ogden (ESPN) but he's a read moron, so that's more understandable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.