Referees/Officials

Most of us would agree I think that some mistakes are inevitable wherever human beings are required to make decisions. The question is, at what point do patterns become visible that suggests that the wrong decisions are being made as the product of something more than individual error. We all remember the ridiculous statistic of the rags not getting a penalty awarded against them at the swamp for god knows how long. Plainly something was going wrong there, whether it was just the influence of the GPC or something yet more sinister.

For my part, I regard it as inherently unlikely that we would be awarded 5 penalties in 8 games at the beginning of the season and then only 1 in 14 thereafter. When you then actually look at some of the incidents themselves in which we have not got the decisions e.g. the GIFs upthread, you start to question whether that can possibly be the result of one-off errors. And if not, what is the cause?

Something stinks. It stinks more than it has done so at any point since late 2011/early 2012. I'm not sure what is causing the stink, but of the existence of the stink I have no doubt.

For sure I agree, we just need to differentiate the two more often to come to a more balanced view point or else people will pick holes in the argument. There is definitely cause for concern though, no denying that. This season has been so in your face, terrible.

Time for international refs, without allegiances. People come from all over the world to work in the UK in all sorts of industries. We have the best league in the world (or at least the richest) so why are we not trying to attract the best refs globally to the premier league ? (I wonder) At least it would keep this shower of sh*te on their toes !

Since 2010/11, we've had 52 penalties awarded for us and 17 against, which is the most for and the least against. 16 more than the rags for and 5 fewer against.

Which is probably consistent with us being either the highest scorers throughout that period or close to it, and being the team with the High possession stats in that period.

The fact that only one penalty has been awarded in the last 14 games however is completely inconsistent with both our possession/goals scored statistics and the first 8 games of the season

Time for international refs, without allegiances. People come from all over the world to work in the UK in all sorts of industries. We have the best league in the world (or at least the richest) so why are we not trying to attract the best refs globally to the premier league ? (I wonder) At least it would keep this shower of sh*te on their toes !

Some of the European Refs are top class,multi lingual so no communication or interpretation issues.

Probably no English club allegiances,unlike most of the incompetents we get week after week.

Get some in.

Which is probably consistent with us being either the highest scorers throughout that period or close to it, and being the team with the High possession stats in that period.

The fact that only one penalty has been awarded in the last 14 games however is completely inconsistent with both our possession/goals scored statistics and the first 8 games of the season
Although fans of other teams might point to 5 penalties in 8 games being slightly odd. Also, you can't make a link with possession and penalties, given that Arsenal have actually conceded more penalties than they've been awarded, over the same time span.

Although fans of other teams might point to 5 penalties in 8 games being slightly odd. Also, you can't make a link with possession and penalties, given that Arsenal have actually conceded more penalties than they've been awarded, over the same time span.

Is there anywhere that shows, who's had the most touches in the opposition box? That would go the furthest to show, who is more likely to earn more penalties.

There's 659 million United fans. There's only 70 million people in the UK. That's almost 600 million internationals that could be United fans!

Actually I agree. I've said it before but the referee who dis us v Juventus was top class. He didn't give us anything but he didn't fall for anything either. They'll never do it though for the same reason they will resist video refereeing.

I reckon most refs are vain as fuck and google their name at will.

so

mike riley
andre mariner
mark clattenburg
lee mason

you are not incompetent you are cheats.

did you get that? cheats.

oh and you are going to be stopped.

I reckon most refs are vain as fuck and google their name at will.

so

mike riley
andre mariner
mark clattenburg
lee mason

you are not incompetent you are cheats.

did you get that? cheats.

oh and you are going to be stopped.

You missed out the Alty fan but other than that, completely agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.