Referees/Officials

The same ref that booked Aguero for diving against Southampton when it was a clear foul against him. Incompetent or bent?

I just cannot understand how a referee can be so bloody certain that Aguero dived in that game when nigh on all and sundry saw the pen. If I remember correctly even the Soton player was trying to persuade the ref that the foul was outside the box. And Dean had as clear a view of Sterling the other day, doesn't know whether it's a pen or not and then the lino decides it's a dive when it turns out it was neither!

I don't care how long video refereeing is gonna take just as long as the useless wankers get far more crucial decisions right than they do now! Or perhaps the present state of inadequacy suits some vested interests.

I don't care how long video refereeing is gonna take just as long as the useless wankers get far more crucial decisions right than they do now! Or perhaps the present state of inadequacy suits some vested interests.

Considering the weekly mega-millions taken in betting revenue on the Premier League in the Far East alone, it wouldn't come as too much of a shock if somebody made connections to the PGMOL as an organisation, or an individual referee. With that kind of money floating around, someone has to have had their head turned; everyone has their price.

Up to the time of the board going up there had been 2 goals scored and 4 substitutions, that alone is worth 3 minutes added on, once you factor in Barton and the fracas that followed 5 minutes was the least it should have been.
Put it this way, if it had been at the rags they'd have put up 10 minutes!!

Funny you mention the rags. We beat them 1-0 a couple of weeks before that game. No more substitutions in the second half than in the second half of the QPR game, no goals, no lengthy stoppages a la Barton, but still 5 minutes added time.

Go figure.

Funny you mention the rags. We beat them 1-0 a couple of weeks before that game. No more substitutions in the second half than in the second half of the QPR game, no goals, no lengthy stoppages a la Barton, but still 5 minutes added time.

Go figure.
Don't know why the referee thought that was going to help them when they didn't manage a shot on target in the previous 90 minutes, in fact, did they manage to bring the ball into our half?

This kind of stuff is the most infuriating aspect of refereeing at the moment. The ref clearly makes a mistake - the world and his mrs, and the pet dog see the obvious error but draw it to the attention of said blunderer and there is a yellow card for your pains. The innocuous is sanctioned - see the yellow Gabriel J got for wafting an imaginary card at the ref - and the blatant is condoned.
The replays showed that from the angle they were at both the liner and ref couldn't have seen the hand ball. However it would have taken a grand total of less than a second for a fourth official to see the monitor and let the ref know the situation. Play stopped and brought back for the offence etc. However video technology assisting refs with ensuring the right calls are made might not sit well with the various people at the top and the billions of pounds at stake...

Considering the weekly mega-millions taken in betting revenue on the Premier League in the Far East alone, it wouldn't come as too much of a shock if somebody made connections to the PGMOL as an organisation, or an individual referee. With that kind of money floating around, someone has to have had their head turned; everyone has their price.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/oct/29/mark-clattenburg-referee-chelsea-allegations
Earlier in 2008 he had been sacked by the Professional Game Match Officials board pending a probe into his business affairs following allegations that he owed £60,000 as a result of a failed venture as the co-owner of an electrical company.

In February 2009 Clattenburg was reinstated as a Select Group Referee on appeal but suspended for eight months from 6 August 2008 – the date of his original ban – for "issues relating to his private and business affairs". The Newcastle Evening Chronicle reported that Clattenburg's suspension was related partly to anonymous allegations of gambling, domestic violence and drug taking relayed to a senior PGMO official in an unsigned letter.

Marky boy was close to Thaksin allegedly.

I do agree that we get more than our fair share of shocking decisions, but I do think there is a wider problem with refereeing standards. Every game I watch there are some bizarre and shocking decisions. Last night in the derby Leicester game. Player clean through, keeper rushes out of his area and the forward knocks it past him. Keeper blatantly sticks his arm out to stop the ball abs a clear goal scoring chance. Ref just waved play on and books the Leicester player for protesting. They are so incompetent it's rediculous.

It was Mike Jones. What else did you expect ;-)

The replays showed that from the angle they were at both the liner and ref couldn't have seen the hand ball. However it would have taken a grand total of less than a second for a fourth official to see the monitor and let the ref know the situation. Play stopped and brought back for the offence etc. However video technology assisting refs with ensuring the right calls are made might not sit well with the various people at the top and the billions of pounds at stake...

Yeah, yer hear all kinds of shite about 'We don't want to remove human error from the game!' What a load of bollox! It's the 'human'error' that masquerades as being shafted by the ref and his accomplices.

Perhaps we ought to revert back to laced up footballs? play on mud - heap pitches, discourage players from training to slow them down further? Then Refs and linesmen might be able to keep up with the game.
Fortunately that's never going to happen, Refs are only human they have one pair of eyes that in a "Blink of them", they can miss a crucial decision, and I'm sure that already happens. We've embraced technology for players, why o why have the powers who control our beautiful game not embraced technology to assist the officials? We shout from the terraces at the officials when they get the decision wrong, when we ought to be asking Fifa, what are YOU doing about it???

I have no doubt this will have been discussed during the week, but only just seen the video on the OS.....how bent was that Linesman in the UEFA Youth game, allowing their goalkeeper to jump off the line and save a City penalty, but then making them retake one after a save by the City goalkeeper???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.