Referees/Officials

Absolute disgrace of a ref.

But he did apparently apologise for missing the handball. Wonder if he apologised to Raheem for 'missing the handball' when it hit his back.

Crappenberg is just another of those self serving wretches who think that the game revolves around them. Watched a bit of the Dipper v Haringey Hotspurs game last night and I did notice that The Alty Tit has had his nose back inside a copy of the Laws of the Game. It was a far more passable and merchantable effort than the abomination of desolation he served up at the City v RentBoysFC game, but, there again, was he sent down to Anfield to peg back Haringey's attempt at chasing down CFC? It beggars belief that one single referee could officiate in two games in such a glaringly dissimilar way. The Dippers had more than a fair crack of the whip and we were shafted.

But he did apparently apologise for missing the handball. Wonder if he apologised to Raheem for 'missing the handball' when it hit his back.

Crappenberg is just another of those self serving wretches who think that the game revolves around them. Watched a bit of the Dipper v Haringey Hotspurs game last night and I did notice that The Alty Tit has had his nose back inside a copy of the Laws of the Game. It was a far more passable and merchantable effort than the abomination of desolation he served up at the City v RentBoysFC game, but, there again, was he sent down to Anfield to peg back Haringey's attempt at chasing down CFC? It beggars belief that one single referee could officiate in two games in such a glaringly dissimilar way. The Dippers had more than a fair crack of the whip and we were shafted.
Im not sure what's more patronizing, ref coming in at half time and apologising for a horrendous fuck up, then getting the one big decision completely wrong in the second half against the team you fucked over in the first half, or just wait till the game has finished.

He is so far up his own arse that he even thinks that's ok to do. Imagine he gives a dodgy pen in the second half to hull and then it comes out he apologised.

Im not sure what's more patronizing, ref coming in at half time and apologising for a horrendous fuck up, then getting the one big decision completely wrong in the second half against the team you fucked over in the first half, or just wait till the game has finished.

He is so far up his own arse that he even thinks that's ok to do. Imagine he gives a dodgy pen in the second half to hull and then it comes out he apologised.

Who is not impressed at the quality of officiating in yesterday's rugby? What gladdens the heart more when you hear a rugby referee asking the voice in the sky "Is there any reason I cannot give a try?" How long must we wait before the dinosaurs governing football give the game what it is crying out for? When will we hear from a PL referee "Is there any reason I cannot give a goal?" or "Is there any reason I cannot award a penalty?" or "Is there any reason I cannot send off Player X?"

The reason, I feel, we have not had video assistance since rugby and nigh on every professional sport adopted it is because it takes away another opportunity for the result to be 'massaged'!

Who is not impressed at the quality of officiating in yesterday's rugby? What gladdens the heart more when you hear a rugby referee asking the voice in the sky "Is there any reason I cannot give a try?" How long must we wait before the dinosaurs governing football give the game what it is crying out for? When will we hear from a PL referee "Is there any reason I cannot give a goal?" or "Is there any reason I cannot award a penalty?" or "Is there any reason I cannot send off Player X?"

The reason, I feel, we have not had video assistance since rugby and nigh on every professional sport adopted it is because it takes away another opportunity for the result to be 'massaged'!
Well said.

That's put clattenburg on the spot, Robertsons interview after the game saying Clattenburg apologised at HT for allowing Arsenals first goal to stand, thought they weren't allowed to watch incidents at half time
To add insult to injury MOTD couldn't even be bothered showing the Hull handball and sending off. Maybe it was justified but they didn't even bother making a comment. The refs are shit or bent (hard to know which) but the BBC are as bad by reporting their biased versions of the facts.

Although it might mean 3 o'clock games finish at gone 5. There'll only be 5 000 of us left.......

Nail on the head!

Yes, i honestly do think the game is that bent right now.

And the answer will come back "Yes, it's Raheem Sterling" or "He plays for City".

Although it might mean 3 o'clock games finish at gone 5. There'll only be 5 000 of us left.......
They generally finish between 4:50 and 5:00 anyway, so what's another 5 minutes? If you gotta go, you gotta go.
In any case, for every "controversial" decision, there is inevitably a horde of players protesting that decision, which can often take 2 minutes to resolve/calm down the players. During this time, the video ref can examine the incident, taking in all the angles just like the TV provider does, and make his/her decision, while this is all going on. However, for complete transparency, just to make sure that Howie redshirt isn't just backing the referee's guess, sorry, decision, I would replay the "evidence" on the main screens so that no one is in any doubt how the decision was arrived at. I'm quite sure that this would meet with Mike Riley's full approval!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.