Referees/Officials

All the fans of what ever team we support ask that the refs are impartial. If a ref books a player for a bad tackle then he should be doing the same in every other game he is the ref. However the ref's are not doing that,1 game they will book a player in the next they will let him off. The same ref is not consistent from 1 game to the next. So how can we expect different ref's to be consistent.

All the fans of what ever team we support ask that the refs are impartial. If a ref books a player for a bad tackle then he should be doing the same in every other game he is the ref. However the ref's are not doing that,1 game they will book a player in the next they will let him off. The same ref is not consistent from 1 game to the next. So how can we expect different ref's to be consistent.
And refs are not even consistent in the game they are currently reffing - how many times have we seen yellows for our players with similar offences by the opposition going unpunished.
perhaps the FA should introduce a rule for referees making it compulsory for then to read the Oxford dictionary before each game on the page where the word CONSISTENCY appears.

The game here isn't bent by instruction or obvious coercion imo, it's bent by indoctrination & subconcious intimidation.

The Sky, BT etc reaction to City recently, compared to Liverpool & Utd for example. The witch hunt to get us red carded compared to the DELIBERATE & it is DELIBERATE, watering down & boderline ignoring of Ibrahimovic' actions.

In recent years we have been branded cheats, accused of ruining football & right now we are a team with a manager & players who are out of control. Our rivals on the other hand are heroes of not just the modern game, but the whole history of football, who bring through their own players & do everything in the right way, & on whom the Premier League are relying to promote their product.

Refs are only human. They get this drummed into them by the football industry, every day of their lives, the same as the public.
But how can you be so sure it's by insinuation? When the head of the PL comes out and says his brand is weakened by the rags not being in the hunt for trophies, then is it really inconceivable that, behind the scenes, something isn't being said to help them?

Scudamore: "Hello Mike. Richard here."
Riley: "Hi Richard. What's up?"
RS: "Mike - I've been talking to Sky and we've got a problem. It's hurting us that United are outside the top four. Less people are tuning in and both the PL & Sky are feeling the pinch".
MR: "So what do you plan to do?"
RS: "Can you have a word with your lads? Tell them to go easy. You know, if it's a bit offside then don't flag and don't be too quick to dish out the cards? That sort of thing"
MR: "Won't something get said by the media?"
RS: "Well Sky won't of course and we can usually rely on most of the others. After all, you got away with it didn't you?"
MR: "Suppose I did. OK then."

But how can you be so sure it's by insinuation? When the head of the PL comes out and says his brand is weakened by the rags not being in the hunt for trophies, then is it really inconceivable that, behind the scenes, something isn't being said to help them?

RS: "Mike - I've been talking to Sky and we've got a problem. It's hurting us that United are outside the top four. Less people are tuning in and both the PL & Sky are feeling the pinch".
RS: "Can you have a word with your lads? Tell them to go easy. You know, if it's a bit offside then don't flag and don't be too quick to dish out the cards? That sort of thing"
RS: "Well Sky won't of course and we can usually rely on most of the others. After all, you got away with it didn't you?"
RS: "Righto, I'll give David the good news and just pop down to the paper shop for some envelopes"

Just to be clear on this. The referees and the PL are favouring united? Or, are they disadvantaging City? Or, is it a combination of both? How do dippers, arse, Chelsea and Spurs play into this?
I do have a deal of sympathy with @squirtyflower, who seems to believe referees are just bent, with no particular agenda, other than their own. Your implications are far more sinister and I wonder if you can back them up with anything, other than supposition based on a very small sample?
This might sound like I'm having a pop but I'm not, I'm just wondering if there is anything more than keyboard accusations?

Just to be clear on this. The referees and the PL are favouring united? Or, are they disadvantaging City? Or, is it a combination of both? How do dippers, arse, Chelsea and Spurs play into this?
I do have a deal of sympathy with @squirtyflower, who seems to believe referees are just bent, with no particular agenda, other than their own. Your implications are far more sinister and I wonder if you can back them up with anything, other than supposition based on a very small sample?
This might sound like I'm having a pop but I'm not, I'm just wondering if there is anything more than keyboard accusations?

I've posted this before, but I think it is relevant in this case.

In speaking to Sky Sports News at the beginning of the season Richard Scudamore said;

"Without being disrespectful to any club, we have a strategic plan at the Premier League and the strategic plan says putting a new name on the trophy in every six-year period.

"That doesn't mean we don't want any team to win it. It just means we would rather see some sort of rotation, for all neutrals in the game (what Leicester achieved) was a big moment."

Full article here http://www.skysports.com/football/n...or-new-premier-league-winners-every-six-years

I think most fans would like to know just exactly what this "strategic plan" is?

Here's me thinking it was 11 v 11 on the pitch, 20 teams, all play each other home and away. Most points at the end of the season wins.

Because I don't believe that every single ref who takes up a Premier League job, is bent. Some would grass them up either at the time, or afterwards. Nobody gives a fuck about City, but Liverpool & Arsenal for example, being cheated by an organisation, would not imo be allowed.

If someone put me in that position as a ref, I would get proof of it & the whole lot of them would end up in jail, we me on talkshows & writing books, making more money than as a ref.

Because I don't believe that every single ref who takes up a Premier League job, is bent. Some would grass them up either at the time, or afterwards. Nobody gives a fuck about City, but Liverpool & Arsenal for example, being cheated by an organisation, would not imo be allowed.

If someone put me in that position as a ref, I would get proof of it & the whole lot of them would end up in jail, we me on talkshows & writing books, making more money than as a ref.

Mark Halsey has already come out and told us all the FA asked him to lie in match reports and it all got brushed under the carpet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.