Referees/Officials

As my mate said yesterday, there are 7bn on this planet, and the rags have around 0.5bn "supporters", or around 7% of the world's population.
Amazing then that NOT ONE referee in the PL has them as the team they "support"!
(Nowt like a bit of cynicism when you're pissed off)

Yeah but all the Rags I know are not Mancs and they have TWO teams - their hometown and The Ragamuffins. So referees will always pick their hometown if it has to go on a form, and if they haven't got a team they will make one up. Funny how Luton appears as often as it does.

The next crop of Whistling Wankers will no doubt be choosing semi-pro or amateur teams so their path to the World Cup Final can be laid out early in the full knowledge that Frickley Colliery won't be one of the two teams in the final.

The Arsenal fans were pretty aggrieved with the officials on Sunday too. They thought they deserved a penalty for Navas pull on Sanchez. They also cheered ironically when they got awarded a free in the first half. Those 3 officials were the most inept I have seen for a long time. What's worse is BT brought in Howard Webb to analyse the decisions and he backed the officials. He also said that Arsenal's was a pen and ours wasn't. Now that is with hindsight and multiple replays.

A protest by the fans would be counter productive IMO. Will the FA/PL give a fuck? Probably not. The media would spin it to make the fans a laughing stock.

I'd let the club deal with it. I'm sure the club has enough representation to make a stand officially.

Christ. There is NOT a massive conspiracy against City regarding referees. However, I do believe that there is a subconscious bias with a lot referees who are in a charge of City games. Coupled in with the fact that pretty much all of them are extremely incompetent.
I used to think that way, but the evidence from games this season against your opinion is overwhelming

Christ. There is NOT a massive conspiracy against City regarding referees. However, I do believe that there is a subconscious bias with a lot referees who are in a charge of City games. Coupled in with the fact that pretty much all of them are extremely incompetent.

How do you explain the fact that in our first eight league games we were awarded 7 penalties and in the 24 games since we have been awarded two if it isn't deliberate? Did the subconscious bias only appear at the beginning of October?

Firstly a great article as usual.
I think anyone who has any doubt about whether it is bent only needs to look at this.
I was directly in line with the Walker push on Raheem and it was blatant. As clear as a sunny day. There is absolutely no way on God's earth he didn't see it.
Then comes Sunday and fucking Stevie Wonder suddenly develops Superman's x ray vision and spots the ball going out by a millimetre.
Sorry if it looks like shit and smells like shit, it's shit.
There is no other explanation except corruption. It cannot be argued and I cannot understand how people cannot see it.
Except that it didn't. Was speaking to someone yesterday who has a daughter in a development squad and she says even at that level the game is corrupt! I have said for years the game is corrupt, there is too much money around the game for it not to be.

Except that it didn't. Was speaking to someone yesterday who has a daughter in a development squad and she says even at that level the game is corrupt! I have said for years the game is corrupt, there is too much money around the game for it not to be.
I should have said allegedly went out. I have said this for years. When there is billions of pounds in play corruption is a certainty.

The game has changed hugely over the past 10 years. Referees are now celebrities and act accordingly, look at the number of strutting show ponies amongst them as evidence, certainly not camera shy are they?. They are now well paid and strongly motivated by money and fame, making them ripe for corruption, also their sense of wanting to belong to the "groovy gang" is clear, look at the recent stag weekend event. None of them would want to be excluded from their elite crowd, and I might add would go to great lengths to remain on this gravy train.
Coincidence that a lot of our fans believe there is an agenda, whether overt or obscure? Maybe not, who knows what they discuss when partying together on stag events!

The Arsenal fans were pretty aggrieved with the officials on Sunday too. They thought they deserved a penalty for Navas pull on Sanchez. They also cheered ironically when they got awarded a free in the first half. Those 3 officials were the most inept I have seen for a long time. What's worse is BT brought in Howard Webb to analyse the decisions and he backed the officials. He also said that Arsenal's was a pen and ours wasn't. Now that is with hindsight and multiple replays.

A protest by the fans would be counter productive IMO. Will the FA/PL give a fuck? Probably not. The media would spin it to make the fans a laughing stock.

I'd let the club deal with it. I'm sure the club has enough representation to make a stand officially.

Odd really, as the foul count was 12:10 in the first half (more by Arsenal).
Navas on Sanchez looked a foul to me.
Webb changed his mind by fulltime - even Ian Wright was adamant that the Aguero challenge was a foul.

I should have said allegedly went out. I have said this for years. When there is billions of pounds in play corruption is a certainty.
Multi-million pounds every week in legitimate betting in the Far East alone, let alone illegal betting.

I'm not saying the players have anything to do with the match fixing game because they get paid a small fortune, but it is certainly plausible that match day officials, and lower paid club officials such as ground staff could easily be swayed (fire alarm/flood light failure). There have also been some managers (probably best not to mention) who have some questionable gambling debts which could have opened them up to blackmail or corruption for financial gain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.