Referees

Not watching the game as i knew it was a foregone conclusion but why was it a red card,was he the last man?

I am more annoyed Shaunny Wright and Barton aren't playing,as two ex blues they would have bust a gut to beat the bastards,maybe that's mhy clueless left them out?

All those who think there is no bias or agenda then post your comments now. Come on. What a joke this has become.

I thought the FA might have sorted themselves out once David Bernstein took over, but no. They're still following the same old script in Soho Square. So who's going to sort it out if the FA can't? The referees? Looks like they've already sorted it out amongst themselves so that there will only be one winner. The media? Ditto. Us? Everyone else in the game? Not likely; they'd just be denounced as sore losers, except the ones who are up Fergie's arse. Us? We'd be painted as being just "bitter." Obviously.

No one will even talk about it, so it'll forever remain a conspiracy theory.

However, there is always the Number 10 Downing Street petition page and I'd like to see this one discussed in Parliament. Alas, given that only sensible petitions will be looked at, I'm sure that this wouldn't pass muster with the powers-that-be, even if conspiracy to defraud carries a maximum jail sentence of ten years...

paulchapo said:
Not watching the game as i knew it was a foregone conclusion but why was it a red card,was he the last man?

I am more annoyed Shaunny Wright and Barton aren't playing,as two ex blues they would have bust a gut to beat the bastards,maybe that's mhy clueless left them out?
barton has 9 yellows and after today the 10 yellow rule disappears, so thats understandable, god knows about swp and zamora

Couldn't bring myself to watch this, not for one second...

So obvious that this was going to happen..

They are shit scared of yewnited & even more scared of Ferguson

Prestwich_Blue said:
Notinmylifetime said:
All those who think there is no bias or agenda then post your comments now. Come on. What a joke this has become.
All the people ridiculing me in the thread I started seem to have disappeared.

PB-I haven't criticised this thread but I was vocal in the other threads about agendas/paranoia etc....

Now I apologise and am firmly in your camp with this one. Nowt will ever change I am afraid

The quality of refereeing in football is appalling. The game is refereed the same as it was a hundred years ago yet the game has moved on so much since then.

It's unacceptable.

The game is now so fast that it is too difficult to referee with a referee and his linesmen making decisions after they've seen something once, at one angle, at one speed. They need a video referee, there's no debating about it, they need a video referee.

Video refs should make decisions on:
1. Goal line incidents (over the line/ not over the line)
2. Penalty incidents (penalty/ no penalty)
3. Red card incidents (sending off/ no sending off)(anywhere on the pitch)
4. Offside incidents (onside/ offside)(that lead to goals)

Anything less than that and the game will will not be officiated to a high enough standard, and the standard at the moment is fucking appalling.

There's nothing anyone can say about anything that will disaude me from this view. Video refs are an absolute must.

Also referees need to be younger. It is a fact that concentration levels drop as you age I to your 40's yet almost all refs are 40+.

The officials behind the goal also need bringing in everywhere and given a flag.

With a video ref, the six officials who are all in their 30's will be aided much more and the game will be officiated properly.

The sport is a joke at the moment. The amount of decisions that are wrong, and horrifically wrong, week-in-week-out are absurd. The sport is an absolute joke. Football has actually become a fuckig joke!

I'm not particularly bothered that City may well miss out on the title this season because we will win loads of trophies over the coming decades and seasons where we win nowt (and we'll have numerous!) will be forgotten with all the good times we'll have. But look at Wigan yesterday; that is so bad it's unbelievable. They could go down this season and never come back up, they could be ruined as a club. In years to come Wigan Athlietic Football Club could fold due to financial difficulties which boil down to being relegated this season. Well, I'm afraid that is scandalous. It cannot be allowed to happen and it applies to all clubs in all leagues. We'll win trophies no matter what happens over the coming decades but the unacceptable level of officiating in this sport will ruin some clubs with all the decisions that are wrong at the moment, and it happens at many ground up and down the country evey single week without fail.

Football is a joke of a sport. It's actually pathetic. I used to play rugby league and am a huge rugby league fan still, and looking at football as an RL fan I just think footy is an absolute joke.

Football is a fucking joke of a sport!

Football is a joke!

It's a fucking joke!

Whether it's an 'agenda' or just plain shit referees it's just so disheartening to see the wrong decisions being given week in week out. The fact that the dinosaurs won't bring in technology to help with decision making leads me to believe they aren't interested in improving the quality of the game and as such it makes it really difficult to go on enjoying football. Might just pack it in and start watching golf, at least there's no human officiators required in that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.