Refugee crisis

What is shocking about some people who get into rickety old boats to cross a large sea getting drowned?

It is what anyone would expect to happen, hardly a shock.

I'm satisfied with Cameron's hard line approach.

Each to their own. Personally, I'm appalled by Cameron's hard line approach.

He's appeasing the Britain First/UKIP type that took a lot of votes away from the Tories as they weren't 'tough enough of migration'

What is shocking about some people who get into rickety old boats to cross a large sea getting drowned?

It is what anyone would expect to happen, hardly a shock.

I'm satisfied with Cameron's hard line approach.

You're misplacing the 'shock' - The image is shocking, the acts of desperation are shocking. Saying that "well what would you expect to happen?" is missing the point a bit.

Last edited:

as you say each to their own

many of us do not think it's hard line at all

and of course it is not just Cameron lol.....but the government as a whole....the gov't that the majority of the UK voted for

My thoughts are that these are exceptional circumstances in exceptional times and we need to do something on both fronts. The first thing we really have to do is take care of these poor people however we can easing their burden and processing them into our country and other countries in the world.then we really do need to address the problem or at least genuinely try to so that these people can go home safely to a country that has a fighting chance for peace.
The thoughts of immigration should be put to one side for this particular instance and the world as a whole should make it happen for these poor people.

Why can't countries like Poland, Romania and Bulgaria can't take loads of refugees?

After all, there must be a lot of space for them there after plenty of their inhabitants emigrated to other parts of the EU.

And as we are told immigrants are an economic benefit it'd make sense for poorer countries like those to take as many as they can get, instead of richer countries like the UK and Germany using them to get even richer.

Why can't countries like Poland, Romania and Bulgaria can't take loads of refugees?

After all, there must be a lot of space for them there after plenty of their inhabitants emigrated to other parts of the EU.

And as we are told immigrants are an economic benefit it'd make sense for poorer countries like those to take as many as they can get, instead of richer countries like the UK and Germany using them to get even richer.

its down to one thing and that's money, it costs money to home them and feed them then they need schools hospitals etc etc and for the countries you mention relative to Germany and France they are the poorer countries

My thoughts are that these are exceptional circumstances in exceptional times and we need to do something on both fronts. The first thing we really have to do is take care of these poor people however we can easing their burden and processing them into our country and other countries in the world.then we really do need to address the problem or at least genuinely try to so that these people can go home safely to a country that has a fighting chance for peace.
The thoughts of immigration should be put to one side for this particular instance and the world as a whole should make it happen for these poor people.

trouble is which ones are the 'nice deserving just trying to escape ISIS' refugees.....and which ones are the infiltrating murderous muslim jihadist scum?

Personally i'v omly heard Media/politician types who disagree with him, everyone who's mentioned it to me Today agree with him

trouble is which ones are the nice deserving just trying to escape ISIS' refugees.....and which ones are the infiltrating murderous muslim jihadist scum?

I wont argue with you that there isn't a problem because there is and we need a better mechanism to deal with that problem and weed out the bad from the innocent.But while we sit it out it's just getting worse for the majority of good people who are caught in the middle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.