Refugee crisis

You've no compassion at all that for no fault of their own people would risk their lives and their childrens lives to escape a war torn country? I'm no liberal hand wringer but even I can see the solution isn't to say to these people go away.

A voice of reason. Sadly you'll be drowned out in a sea of right-wing rhetoric.

It's depressing just how little empathy some people are capable of.

Genuine question - What defines poverty in this country ?

How many children in this country don't have food to eat or a roof over there head - that to me defines poverty something which I'm sure 99.9% of children in the country do not go through.

Genuine answer if like the OP says we help them out and invite all these Immigrants into Britain what will happen to the people on benefits with children.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-after-parents-benefits-are-cut-10079056.html

Genuine answer if like the OP says we help them out and invite all these Immigrants into Britain what will happen to the people on benefits with children.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-after-parents-benefits-are-cut-10079056.html

I don't think we would take ALL of them would we? And I suspect once we break the back of the reason why they left, most would want to return home guaranteed that it is safe to do so. As for the education and benefits it will be for a limited time and we could drain the wealthy to pay for it.I may be looking at the situation too simplistically but it's probably the only solution I can see other than struggling to sleep at night thinking I am not doing enough.

You've no compassion at all that for no fault of their own people would risk their lives and their childrens lives to escape a war torn country? I'm no liberal hand wringer but even I can see the solution isn't to say to these people go away.

last week my mother in law aged 87 collapsed in the street the ambulance did not arrive for over 4 hours further to that she then waited on a hospital bed in the corridor for 13 hours while they tried to get her on a ward which they did in the end 'she had to go in maternity there was no where else available' just an example of the state of our run down overworked NHS and other critical services, this country is at bursting point and its near ready to burst without adding to the problem of letting in thousands of refugees

last week my mother in law aged 87 collapsed in the street the ambulance did not arrive for over 4 hours further to that she then waited on a hospital bed in the corridor for 13 hours while they tried to get her on a ward which they did in the end 'she had to go in maternity there was no where else available' just an example of the state of our run down overworked NHS and other critical services, this country is at bursting point and its near ready to burst without adding to the problem of letting in thousands of refugees

I hope she's doing better now mate sorry to hear that.

as you say each to their own

many of us do not think it's hard line at all

and of course it is not just Cameron lol.....but the government as a whole....the gov't that the majority of the UK voted for
Not sure we did all vote Tory

I agree the NHS is in crisis...seriously worrying

I don't think we would take ALL of them would we? And I suspect once we break the back of the reason why they left, most would want to return home guaranteed that it is safe to do so. As for the education and benefits it will be for a limited time and we could drain the wealthy to pay for it.I may be looking at the situation too simplistically but it's probably the only solution I can see other than struggling to sleep at night thinking I am not doing enough.

Who do you say No to? That would help you sleep at night and I'm sure the rich would help out? I think not..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.