Refugee crisis

I don't think anyone is suggesting we take in "all these" immigrants, just that we should do our bit, along with other European countries, to help avert a humanitarian disaster.

I hope she's doing better now mate sorry to hear that.

cheers but i was only trying to get over how this countries services are on their knees, i feel really sorry for the little fella and all the other refugees but we are at bursting point

Doesn't answer what defines poverty in this country
Professor Peter Townsend, a leading authority on UK poverty, defines relative. poverty as when someone's “resources are so seriously below those. commanded by the average individual or family that they are, in effect, excluded from ordinary living patterns, customs and activities”.

last week my mother in law aged 87 collapsed in the street the ambulance did not arrive for over 4 hours further to that she then waited on a hospital bed in the corridor for 13 hours while they tried to get her on a ward which they did in the end 'she had to go in maternity there was no where else available' just an example of the state of our run down overworked NHS and other critical services, this country is at bursting point and its near ready to burst without adding to the problem of letting in thousands of refugees

Sorry to hear that mate, hope she is fine..

Case and point..

cheers but i was only trying to get over how this countries services are on their knees, i feel really sorry for the little fella and all the other refugees but we are at bursting point

We are struggling because we "The people of this country" don't matter to those who can bring change. Your bursting point about public services is a real concern for us and that is another problem we have to address and to address that we surely have to begin to distribute the wealth more evenly and use it more wisely in the public sector.

These are people risking their lives to try and better themselves, ask what you'd do in their situation? There's a shocking lack of sympathy, and whilst of course we can't have all of them over here, some effort should be undertaken to try and help, seeing photos like the one today Should be enough for people to take notice and want help.

The Syrians need help. We, and the rest of Europe, should set up make shift fenced off camps. Not like a prison but somewhere where they can settle until something is sorted. People could donate food, blankets ect. Anything has to be better than the shit they're goin through at the minute and they'll be looked after rather than trying to beg a living from nothing.

I want out of the eu. But why is it OK for members of the eu to come here through greed (money) yet we're turning away those that actually need our help. Its sickening.

'Oh you're from Poland, have a nice life in Poland with a home and job but want a job that pays more?. Come on in'.

'Oh, you're from a war torn county, running for your lives, your homes have been destroyed and your town has been taken over by murdering terrorists. Fook off, we don't want you'.

Last edited:
We are struggling because we "The people of this country" don't matter to those who can bring change. Your bursting point about public services is a real concern for us and that is another problem we have to address and to address that we surely have to begin to distribute the wealth more evenly and use it more wisely in the public sector.

Russel Brand?

No child on this planet should have to suffer like this.
It happens because there are two types of people on this planet, those that care about fellow human beings and those that don't.
The latter are lacking the basic human trait of empathy in their DNA and unfortunately words cannot change that.
I pity them.

One of the experts said tonight that this conflict in the Middle East May last thirty years. Bearing in mind that Germany ha stakes in 800,000 so far and I would guess a million by the end I the year, it's not inconceivable that Europe could be taking 3-5 million a year if we just let them all in. How long do you think infrastructure would last under that sort of pressure.

I have a theory - Isis are doing these awful things just to force more refugees into Europe which they hope will destabilise.

Already it is apparent that different countries have differing views about how many they want to take and it is obvious that the schenghen treaty isn't fit for this purpose so countries are rebuilding their borders.

Maybe there really isn't an option but to stop them coming at source even if that means changing the orders we give to the patrol ships to turn back boats

What do you all think?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.