Religion

I think he has time travelled from the 16th century.
Oh - you still not figured out that there might have been something 'before' the Big Bang? Like where, if it happened, did
it actually originate from? Will leave you to search through your beloved scientific textbooks to find the answer to that one.
But, yeah trust those fucker because they know everything and their knowledge 'trickles down' to everyone, just like the money does
in the corresponding economic model. Actually I do some scientists a disservice, for there are many that are truly open to the wonders and mysteries of Life.
These I find well worth listening to ,even if I might not always agree with them. What about you?

And that is your way of choosing to be with life. Might others choose otherwise, as to come to know the Lennonist world that you speak of? Or is your doctrine the only one that will work this way? And would it be fair for me to question whether you are really talking about letting go of dogma/doctrine or whether what you are more talking about, is being against 'religious' dogma/doctrine but for 'scientific' dogma/doctrine? These may not be the same arguments - yet you can choose your way, I can choose mine. Just, if you wanted to clarify which position you support, this might make communication easier?

one is based around something we know about the other is around something we don't, the one we do is beautiful,astounding it all its guises and supports everything we see,do and are
the other to my mind does nothing of the sort

Oh - you still not figured out that there might have been something 'before' the Big Bang? Like where, if it happened, did
it actually originate from? Will leave you to search through your beloved scientific textbooks to find the answer to that one.
But, yeah trust those fucker because they know everything and their knowledge 'trickles down' to everyone, just like the money does
in the corresponding economic model. Actually I do some scientists a disservice, for there are many that are truly open to the wonders and mysteries of Life.
These I find well worth listening to ,even if I might not always agree with them. What about you?

nobody knows that yet, nobody

one is based around something we know about the other is around something we don't, the one we do is beautiful,astounding it all its guises and supports everything we see,do and are
the other to my mind does nothing of the sort
That's music for my heart. Cheers.

nobody knows that yet, nobody
And maybe this is what is being suggested - like this is a problem that cannot be solved by the intellect.
So no one dogma/doctrine could ever truly be better than another. So maybe just drop it and find
a way to live and share and play in a way beyond this.. a way that some might call of 'the heart.
Maybe this the joining that John was speaking of, beyond beliefs in this or that?'

My friend, I'm with you and have been saying the kind of thing you've been saying for years, on these boards... Just nowhere as eloquently!!

No, just a student that would really enjoy it if there were others around that might want to explore something beyond writing
as just dogmatic adherence to one set of beliefs or another. A practice that would be more like an art, if you want - rather than just a theoretical
science, religion or even debate about football.

It's interesting in its process, that you look at things without filing them 'A- Z', much like myself.

Putting aside ideas of 'science is right, religion is wrong,' is life that is stuck to theory in such a way as to get in the way
of deeper knowing of qualities such as beauty, joy, rhythm, harmony, balance etc...really such a wonderful idea? Is like
spending time only trying to understand honey, without actually tasting it?

Also agreed. There are MANY 'intellects' on here that surprise me in their rigid few on how religion/belief and science stand. And, many times I've pointed out that there are LOADS of scientists that don't dismiss religion/ belief just because science exists. Even Neil Degrasse Tyson says he's agnostic, not an atheist.

Beautiful. And "
“I'm not afraid of death because I don't believe in it.
It's just getting out of one car, and into another.”

What if the ideas he doesn't believe in are the 'cars?' They can be helpful for a while but then they come
to be a distraction (of my car is better than yours) rather than that which helps open to a deeper
genuine humanity - the simplicity of we really are, expressed through our own lives. And yet it also implies that there is a space
between the cars - maybe this is the shared essence of Life?

So, I wonder, with the quoted words, why people don't literally pick it apart, like they do with the Bible!??

I wonder if it's because you can only explain things so much with the limitation of words...??

My friend, I'm with you and have been saying the kind of thing you've been saying for years, on these boards... Just nowhere as eloquently!!

It's interesting in its process, that you look at things without filing them 'A- Z', much like myself.

Also agreed. There are MANY 'intellects' on here that surprise me in their rigid few on how religion/belief and science stand. And, many times I've pointed out that there are LOADS of scientists that don't dismiss religion/ belief just because science exists. Even Neil Degrasse Tyson says he's agnostic, not an atheist.

So, I wonder, with the quoted words, why people don't literally pick it apart, like they do with the Bible!??

I wonder if it's because you can only explain things so much with the limitation of words...??
Cheers. Words are by nature limited aren't they - like they have a beginning and an end. How could they show, one way or the other, whether there is a limitless life? Might try to write about it, describe theories, even point to something beyond themselves But show? Can words even wholly show and explain the space between them? I might use the word 'space' to try and explain it but now this is no longer spacious in nature because I've placed a word where space once was, Humbling for an intellect that may claim to be able to explain everything -'if they could just find the right words.' Beyond that there is a suggestion that the intellect needs to define 'friendly' words and 'enemy' words.The friendly words are good and need to be protected but the enemy words play an important role too - for without something to fight against, the mind might quieten down and one might come to know for oneself the peace beyond any intellectual conflict of words...in this way, it'll lose its power.

Edit : ps it feels like it boils down to some wanting to prove the supremacy of intellect, others want to let go of the arrogance of intellect that gets in the way of feeling grounded and open to the kindness of the heart. These seem to be quite different ways. Beyond that, more aNd more it is coming to feel that english football fan culture (maybe english culture in general) is rooted in the idea that arrogance is strength - though it might try to label this arrogance as 'truth'. Doesn't seem such a great deal but I still buy into it at times 'this is what it is to be a fan, this is what it means to be english...'

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.