Relocating The Away Fans: Your Preferred Choice

LoveCity said:
ninjamonkey said:
jrb said:
EAST LEVEL 3 for me.

Why?

Because they can see us, the South Stand singing section, and we'll still be able to see them.

In essence the banter can still continue, but from a longer distance.

And if we could get Operation One End going properly with the help of the club, that would look awesome at pitch level and from the 3rd tier, where the away fans will be.

We've tried it and it failed miserably.

It wasn't well organised and was full of day trippers 'filling the gaps'. A one end CAN work. If our atmosphere is dependent on insulting fat away fans (anyway, the 'banter' would remain if they were in East level 3), then we may as well call it a day.

people had the chance to move and didn't, so it failed. ask anyone on match day in 111 and 116 if they want the away fans in the gods or where they are now and I guarantee 80% will say where they are now.bbluemoon does not represent all fans in these areas. most people on here are no where near the vocal area or will move to a 'one end' area. most people on here like to watch the game sat down and taking it all in, not to sing and stand up. if they wanted to do that then they would of moved already wouldn't they? at a push theres 2k fans that like to sing all the time. away games prove this. I've stood near people moaning because they are stood up for 90 min. these are the people that have high loyalty points because they go week in week out to watch our team and enjoy it in a different way. we will never have a colorful home end like your germans, polish, turkish, Greeks etc because that's not how people in this country like to watch games. its sad I know, but its true

mcfc1894 said:
jrb said:
Think of it like this.

"Barcelona* stick away fans in the Gods. Madrid stick away fans in the Gods. Etc.(see above)
Newcastle and Sunderland do it. United tried it but got knocack due to concerns regarding opposing fans crossing each other under the North Stand.

I'd guess that there's a level of support high up within the club that would like to see away fans moved to level 3, thus allowing the lower tier to be full of City fans, which would give the team a psychological advantage during matches.

Cast your mind back to 2 games in particular last season. Arsenal and United. Both late goals came at the end where the away fans are, and their players ran over and celebrate in front of the away fans. In essence in front of our vocal support.

Cast your mind back to the FA Cup derby at the Etihad. 6000 United fans filling the South Stand. They same with other teams in the FA Cup. Not good.

Another occasion was Dortmund at home in the CL. Let's give their fans some credit for signing non-stop for 90 minutes. Putting that aside, that kind of vocal support at pitch level inspires opposing players/teams. Up in the Gods it's less effective.

That kind of momentum/inspiration can't be given to away teams. That's my take on it. I think City will move the away fans to one of the 3rd tiers.

thats the biggest load of bollocks I have ever read. united scored all there goals infront of the north stand. scored 2 in the last derby in front of the north stand, scored last min winner because of nasri being a puff. the kop at anfield is great for 1 min before the game rest of the time its shite amd we all know it to the poster above. jrb you're in 111 as far as I know, you know how shit it is when teams with no away fans turn up. yes I know our atmosphere shouldn't determine on how many an away team bring, but it does. if we was that good then atmospheres against teams like Fulham will be just as good as Liverpool, but its not. operation one end was a failure, and moving away fans will ruin it even more. like I've said before move them and most of the singers will follow. me included. barca and real as examples fuck me. yeah their stadiums are a cauldron of noise! jesus christ

Well, if you think that's the biggest load of bollocks *you've ever read*, who am I to argue that point. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

You'll be very surprised to know who thinks the away fans shouldn't be there. And his thoughts really do matter. But that's for another day.

TBH we could go on for hours arguing this point. However, I firmly believe the current location of the away fans within the stadium helps and aids the better PL away teams, as they still manage to fill the whole of the away end, which generates support at pitch level and momentum for the opposing team/players. I fully accept the lesser teams with little or no away support gain no advantage from having the away fans in the current location.

I fully accept moving the away fans may/will have a detrimental impact on the atmosphere. That may improve over a period of time? It may not?

I also fully accept Operation One End was a failure. However, you can point the finger of blame at the club and at the fans for that.(fiasco)

3 things.

1. The Singers in SS/111/110/109 didn't and couldn't come together.
2. The away end was filled with City fans who don't go every week and have little or no desire to sing.(at least they liked throwing paper balls at Showsec and UEFA Officials :-) )
3. Until the club along with the fans organize a mass migration so both singing sections can come together, Operation One End will never be a success. The Expansion of the South Stand could allow this to happen, if done properly.

First of all I accept the PL isn't the Bundesliga or Serie A on the terraces. The the mindset of the average PL football fan is different. TBH it isn't really. It's just been crushed by years of Government, PL, Council, and H&S rules and regulations. Given the opportunity our support could once again be just as vociferous.

My point being. It's been proven in those countries and leagues that home support at one end of the stadium and away support at the other end of the stadium doesn't have a detrimental impact on the atmosphere. Especially in Germany.

Then again, cast you mind back to Poznan, Aries, and Dortmund. The best support I ever witnessed at the Etihad. But ask yourself this question. The opportunity was there, but did we rise to it?

Where I do agree with you is the possible loss of banter between the 2 sets of fans. Without doubt the best part of the current setup. We all love it. And yes, that will suffer and be a massive loss if the away fans are moved.

Again, thinking out loud. As with everything in life, everything is relevant at the time. When we moved to the Etihad the atmosphere was dire. Over the years it's improved. It still isn't perfect. There's nothing to say that over the years the atmosphere won't improve once again if the singing sections come together in South Stand Lower, with the away fans either to the right of us in East stand level 3, or behind us in South Stand level 3. And yes, I will admit moving the away fans to South Stand Level 3 will finish the banter between both sets of fans, as they will be behind us and out of sight.

BTW. I'm 101% sure the club won't allow fans in the current singing sections to migrate up to the South Stand 3rd tier. That is their worst case scenario. Having 6000 vocal and passionate home and away fans stood up in the 3rd tier. Never going to happen. The *Authorities and club won't allow it*.

Until the club makes up it's mind about the away fans, every possibility is up for grabs. You have a chance to make your feelings known. Don't waste that chance. :-)

I voted leave it as it is, they can see the football, we can see the football, they can cheer and shout, we can cheer and shout. That's all that matters. Operation one end was the biggest farce and failure ever, just let's enjoy the football.

jrb said:
mcfc1894 said:
jrb said:
Think of it like this.

"Barcelona* stick away fans in the Gods. Madrid stick away fans in the Gods. Etc.(see above)
Newcastle and Sunderland do it. United tried it but got knocack due to concerns regarding opposing fans crossing each other under the North Stand.

I'd guess that there's a level of support high up within the club that would like to see away fans moved to level 3, thus allowing the lower tier to be full of City fans, which would give the team a psychological advantage during matches.

Cast your mind back to 2 games in particular last season. Arsenal and United. Both late goals came at the end where the away fans are, and their players ran over and celebrate in front of the away fans. In essence in front of our vocal support.

Cast your mind back to the FA Cup derby at the Etihad. 6000 United fans filling the South Stand. They same with other teams in the FA Cup. Not good.

Another occasion was Dortmund at home in the CL. Let's give their fans some credit for signing non-stop for 90 minutes. Putting that aside, that kind of vocal support at pitch level inspires opposing players/teams. Up in the Gods it's less effective.

That kind of momentum/inspiration can't be given to away teams. That's my take on it. I think City will move the away fans to one of the 3rd tiers.

thats the biggest load of bollocks I have ever read. united scored all there goals infront of the north stand. scored 2 in the last derby in front of the north stand, scored last min winner because of nasri being a puff. the kop at anfield is great for 1 min before the game rest of the time its shite amd we all know it to the poster above. jrb you're in 111 as far as I know, you know how shit it is when teams with no away fans turn up. yes I know our atmosphere shouldn't determine on how many an away team bring, but it does. if we was that good then atmospheres against teams like Fulham will be just as good as Liverpool, but its not. operation one end was a failure, and moving away fans will ruin it even more. like I've said before move them and most of the singers will follow. me included. barca and real as examples fuck me. yeah their stadiums are a cauldron of noise! jesus christ

Well, if you think that's the biggest load of bollocks *you've ever read*, who am I to argue that point. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

You'll be very surprised to know who thinks the away fans shouldn't be there. And his thoughts really do matter. But that's for another day.

TBH we could go on for hours arguing this point. However, I firmly believe the current location of the away fans within the stadium helps and aids the better PL away teams, as they still manage to fill the whole of the away end, which generates support at pitch level and momentum for the opposing team/players. I fully accept the lesser teams with little or no away support gain no advantage from having the away fans in the current location.

I fully accept moving the away fans may/will have a detrimental impact on the atmosphere. That may improve over a period of time? It may not?

I also fully accept Operation One End was a failure. However, you can point the finger of blame at the club and at the fans for that.(fiasco)

3 things.

1. The Singers in SS/111/110/109 didn't and couldn't come together.
2. The away end was filled with City fans who don't go every week and have little or no desire to sing.(at least they liked throwing paper balls at Showsec and UEFA Officials :-) )
3. Until the club along with the fans organize a mass migration so both singing sections can come together, Operation One End will never be a success. The Expansion of the South Stand could allow this to happen, if done properly.

First of all I accept the PL isn't the Bundesliga or Serie A on the terraces. The the mindset of the average PL football fan is different. TBH it isn't really. It's just been crushed by years of Government, PL, Council, and H&S rules and regulations. Given the opportunity our support could once again be just as vociferous.

My point being. It's been proven in those countries and leagues that home support at one end of the stadium and away support at the other end of the stadium doesn't have a detrimental impact on the atmosphere. Especially in Germany.

Then again, cast you mind back to Poznan, Aries, and Dortmund. The best support I ever witnessed at the Etihad. But ask yourself this question. The opportunity was there, but did we rise to it?

Where I do agree with you is the possible loss of banter between the 2 sets of fans. Without doubt the best part of the current setup. We all love it. And yes, that will suffer and be a massive loss if the away fans are moved.

Again, thinking out loud. As with everything in life, everything is relevant at the time. When we moved to the Etihad the atmosphere was dire. Over the years it's improved. It still isn't perfect. There's nothing to say that over the years the atmosphere won't improve once again if the singing sections come together in South Stand Lower, with the away fans either to the right of us in East stand level 3, or behind us in South Stand level 3. And yes, I will admit moving the away fans to South Stand Level 3 will finish the banter between both sets of fans, as they will be behind us and out of sight.

BTW. I'm 101% sure the club won't allow fans in the current singing sections to migrate up to the South Stand 3rd tier. That is their worst case scenario. Having 6000 vocal and passionate home and away fans stood up in the 3rd tier. Never going to happen. The *Authorities and club won't allow it*.

Until the club makes up it's mind about the away fans, every possibility is up for grabs. You have a chance to make your feelings known. Don't waste that chance. :-)

how many times have we lost at home in the past 3 seasons? if the teams good enough it doesn't matter where the away fans are. we even beat united at home 4-1 and 3-1 when we was shit. did they bring no fans that game? we scored in front of them in the derby title decider, again did they bring no fans? I know they're quiet but your argument on big away following doesn't add up. we beat them in the carling cup with 6k of them there. away fans where they are add to the atmosphere moving them will be a big disaster

LoveCity said:
ninjamonkey said:
jrb said:
EAST LEVEL 3 for me.

Why?

Because they can see us, the South Stand singing section, and we'll still be able to see them.

In essence the banter can still continue, but from a longer distance.

And if we could get Operation One End going properly with the help of the club, that would look awesome at pitch level and from the 3rd tier, where the away fans will be.

It wasn't well organised and was full of day trippers 'filling the gaps'. A one end CAN work. If our atmosphere is dependent on insulting fat away fans (anyway, the 'banter' would remain if they were in East level 3), then we may as well call it a day.

There was day trippers in the middle section yes, but the regulars were still either side and were one of the quietest we've ever been. the "banter" from being near the away fans doesn't come from picking on the fat guy as you've said, it's the noise they generate that sparks a reaction song from the home crowd more often than not.

It's no coincidence 99% of the loudest home sections in grounds across the country are either side of the away fans. We move the away fans to east stand level 3 and our home support will be just as bad as the rags.

Curious to see where everybody that's suggesting we move them to east stand level 3 currently sits in the ground.

ninjamonkey said:
LoveCity said:
ninjamonkey said:

There was day trippers in the middle section yes, but the regulars were still either side and were one of the quietest we've ever been. the "banter" from being near the away fans doesn't come from picking on the fat guy as you've said, it's the noise they generate that sparks a reaction song from the home crowd more often than not.

It's no coincidence 99% of the loudest home sections in grounds across the country are either side of the away fans. We move the away fans to east stand level 3 and our home support will be just as bad as the rags.

Curious to see where everybody that's suggesting we move them to east stand level 3 currently sits in the ground.

I usually sit near the half way line. I've sat in the SS a couple of times and it seemed that people around me enjoyed the interaction with the away fans. There is an atmosphere of sorts in there but it shouldn't be confused with noisy support. From the half way line the noise created by the SS is almost non existent. It doesn't travel round the stadium. Nobody else joins in with the songs that are sung in response to the away fans. And the noise made by the away fans is nearly always louder because the City fans are split in two and rarely sing together.

Its only when the South Standers stop the banter and just sing in support of the team that the rest of the stadium joins in and creates a decent atmosphere.

Re: Away fans location/get it right first time

just stick the away fans in one of the corners, they should never have been given a prime spot behind the goal in the first place

we should do what most other clubs do and fuck the away fans off to the worst seats in the stadium, either up in the gods or some corner with a shite view.

Voted to move to new to new third tier in south stand. No way should away fans have a side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.