Relocating The Away Fans: Your Preferred Choice

Think of it like this.

"Barcelona* stick away fans in the Gods. Madrid stick away fans in the Gods. Etc.(see above)
Newcastle and Sunderland do it. United tried it but got knocked back due to concerns regarding opposing fans crossing each other under the North Stand.

I'd guess that there's a level of support high up within the club that would like to see away fans moved to level 3, thus allowing the lower tier to be full of City fans, which would give the team a psychological advantage during matches.

Cast your mind back to 2 games in particular last season. Arsenal and United. Both late goals came at the end where the away fans are, and their players ran over and celebrated in front of the away fans. In essence in front of our vocal support.

Cast your mind back to the FA Cup derby at the Etihad. 6000 United fans filling the South Stand. They same with other teams in the FA Cup. Not good.

Another occasion was Dortmund at home in the CL. Let's give their fans some credit for signing non-stop for 90 minutes. Putting that aside, that kind of vocal support at pitch level inspires opposing players/teams. Up in the Gods it's less effective.

That kind of momentum/inspiration can't be given to away teams. That's my take on it. I think City will move the away fans to one of the 3rd tiers.

EAST LEVEL 3 for me.

Why?

Because they can see us, the South Stand singing section, and we'll still be able to see them.

In essence the banter can still continue, but from a longer distance.

And if we could get Operation One End going properly with the help of the club, that would look awesome at pitch level and from the 3rd tier, where the away fans will be.

my preferred location for away fans is the car park outside the stadium , just fill our ground with blues :)

law74 said:
LoveCity said:
I voted east stand level 3. Sick of them getting some of the best seats..

Bayern and (i think) villareal are the only two clubs that have been given the best seats since we moved to Eastlands.

+ Poznan and Polished based football fans.

jrb said:
Think of it like this.

"Barcelona* stick away fans in the Gods. Madrid stick away fans in the Gods. Etc.(see above)
Newcastle and Sunderland do it. United tried it but got knocack due to concerns regarding opposing fans crossing each other under the North Stand.

I'd guess that there's a level of support high up within the club that would like to see away fans moved to level 3, thus allowing the lower tier to be full of City fans, which would give the team a psychological advantage during matches.

Cast your mind back to 2 games in particular last season. Arsenal and United. Both late goals came at the end where the away fans are, and their players ran over and celebrate in front of the away fans. In essence in front of our vocal support.

Cast your mind back to the FA Cup derby at the Etihad. 6000 United fans filling the South Stand. They same with other teams in the FA Cup. Not good.

Another occasion was Dortmund at home in the CL. Let's give their fans some credit for signing non-stop for 90 minutes. Putting that aside, that kind of vocal support at pitch level inspires opposing players/teams. Up in the Gods it's less effective.

That kind of momentum/inspiration can't be given to away teams. That's my take on it. I think City will move the away fans to one of the 3rd tiers.

thats the biggest load of bollocks I have ever read. united scored all there goals infront of the north stand. scored 2 in the last derby in front of the north stand, scored last min winner because of nasri being a puff. the kop at anfield is great for 1 min before the game rest of the time its shite amd we all know it to the poster above. jrb you're in 111 as far as I know, you know how shit it is when teams with no away fans turn up. yes I know our atmosphere shouldn't determine on how many an away team bring, but it does. if we was that good then atmospheres against teams like Fulham will be just as good as Liverpool, but its not. operation one end was a failure, and moving away fans will ruin it even more. like I've said before move them and most of the singers will follow. me included. barca and real as examples fuck me. yeah their stadiums are a cauldron of noise! jesus christ

jrb said:
EAST LEVEL 3 for me.

Why?

Because they can see us, the South Stand singing section, and we'll still be able to see them.

And if we could get Operation One End going properly with the help of the club, that would look awesome at pitch level and from the 3rd tier, where the away fans will be.

We've tried it and it failed miserably.

ninjamonkey said:
jrb said:
EAST LEVEL 3 for me.

Why?

We've tried it and it failed miserably.

It wasn't well organised and was full of day trippers 'filling the gaps'. A one end CAN work. If our atmosphere is dependent on insulting fat away fans (anyway, the 'banter' would remain if they were in East level 3), then we may as well call it a day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.