Report that Guardiola plans to sell Silva [according to Twitter ITK]

Ogden thinks we're going to sell 20 players and buy 20 next season.

The guy is a fucking moron and hasn't got any basis for his bullshit other than "this massivsely out of form team doesn't look a lot like Barcelona".

I still remember his piece when he said Arsenal or United would be better destinations for Guardiola because they play possession football - he wrote that at a time when the team with the 2nd most possession in the league was little old city. But that didn't fit his narrative so he ignored it.

Honestly can't say it'll be the end of the world if Silva is sold, I'd prefer it if we kept him, but I'd trust pep to replace him with someone more than up to job.
See, I've read this opinion a couple of times and you'll have to explain to me why Silva isn't up to a particular job or not when we're talking a hypothetical role that doesn't exist yet.
How can the best player we've had consistently for the last few years suddenly be deemed surplus to requirements?
Why Silva himself wouldn't be willing to adapt his game for the opportunity to play for Guardiola?
Why Guardiola(who's meant to know his stuff by all accounts) wouldn't be relishing the chance to work with Silva?

Is it because he's had a poor 3 months after injury or because he's just turned 30 and apparently it's impossible to play the same once you hit that magic number?

Sad to say, but got the feeling this one has legs!!

Silva has had ankle issues for some time, so I don't think his present loss of form can be blamed on injury alone. He has not looked a happy chap for some time, maybe he knows adios is close.

The media really are going all guns blazing trying to stir up negatives stories regarding Pep

From selling arguably are best player since the takeover in David Silva, Pep being sacked and City are ALREADY annoying him by ruining his pre-season and he wont move to Alerley Edge because Mouriniho will move there when he takes over at United

The articles are laughable and show why printed media is dying. These are just click bait articles. It was only 2/3 weeks ago that these hacks knew he was on his way to United....now they know how he feels about City and the inner working of Bayern

The media really are going all guns blazing trying to stir up negatives stories regarding Pep

From selling arguably are best player since the takeover in David Silva, Pep being sacked and City are ALREADY annoying him by ruining his pre-season and he wont move to Alerley Edge because Mouriniho will move there when he takes over at United

The articles are laughable and show why printed media is dying. These are just click bait articles. It was only 2/3 weeks ago that these hacks knew he was on his way to United....now they know how he feels about City and the inner working of Bayern
Absolutely. All this crap can be filed under Agenda.

Twas ever thus.

As a club though we are finally in a position to have them leave us on our terms rather than having to sell for financial reasons.

Ive been a critic of Merlin this season and im adamant that some big decisions are needed on some of our big players this summer.

A few years back we could have cashed in on Yaya and the rest is history.

We cant make the same mistakes again.

I dont want rid of Merlin, i want him back to his imperious best under Pep but my point is, should their be truth in this and we do sell, we move on and GDM point of they come and go is absolutely spot on.

I think it's quite poignant how Silva's 4 biggest critics are also Pellegrini's 4 biggest supporters. Seems to be a running theme...

No chance Guardiola is getting rid of Silva. He's the most intelligent player at the club, the best at keeping possession, the best at the eye of the needle pass. Why on earth would he want to sell him?

Yes Guardiola likes hard working players, but it's not like he's Tony Pulis. He doesn't like average players who just run around a lot. He likes supremely technical players, and he instills strict defensive shape and sharp bursts of pressing in to their game. Silva is a perfect example of someone who could be the latter.

If this turned out to be true (which I doubt).
I may well have a little cry!
Best player I've seen play for us, if anyone deserves to prove his worth under Pep, it's Silva!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.