Restoring the Death Penalty in Britain

The death penalty has only been gone for 47 years in the UK.

Compared to the thousands of years it was used the current abeyance is an insignificant blip.

It'll be back.

Bring it back? Did I miss something? When did it go?

I considered that as a means of removing the undesirable (life unworthy of life) and troublesome (now by such civilized methods as dismemberment and chemical injection without anesthesia), its application was merely transferred from the public to the private, whilst the ineluctable innocence of the troublesome-that-must-die has been made of no consequence whatsoever.

I agree, that the death penalty is a barbaric thing fit only for medieval minds. Let's finally abolish it.

Christ, how many times does this come up? Let's face it, regardless of what anyone on here thinks, it will never, ever come back.

Yes I'd like it back. People like Huntley should not be free to live his life in comfort. It might not be much of a deterrent but if it stops just a few kids from being murdered then its worth it.

I suspect when most of the do good gang on here grow up and have children some will feel differently.

wayne71 said:
Yes I'd like it back. People like Huntley should not be free to live his life in comfort. It might not be much of a deterrent but if it stops just a few kids from being murdered then its worth it.

I suspect when most of the do good gang on here grow up and have children some will feel differently.
Huntley has attempted suicide on 3 occasions. Do you not think death would be release for him? It's what he wants.

wayne71 said:

^ Copyright johnsonontheleft 2010

Why do people use the term 'do good' in a negative sense?

Are you for the restoration of the death penalty so you can 'do bad'?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.