Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

I can see both sides of this. I think Dunne is a top class defender on form he is a great player for any club in the league. I think City were stupid to get rid of Dunne. Hughes has always went on about building a squad able to compete in all areas. Yes they brought in Lescott and Toure and then you have Ned and Vince as well but I still think Dunne is good enough to make the City starting 11. Last season we never had a settled back 4 apart from Dunne who was ever present no wonder his form went with so many changes to the team over the season.
The way Hughes has handled this is shit. If you are to beleive that he is in full control of team transfers then he should have been honest with Dunne from the start of the season. I know that has got to have pissed Dunne off more than anything else. He knew all along the defence would get sorted and it looked to me that this season Dunne was up for the battle of places at the club. Just look at Dunne this season he looks a lot leaner and fitter than ever before because of the competition for places. Which lead to him starting the first 2 games and getting back to some sort of form of old which looked promising for fans. To know you have signed 2 decent centre backs and see Dunne coming back to form put a smile on my face and would lead to a proper battle for places in the team.
Now I think Hughes has let the standard slip in his management a bit. The way he has handled the likes of Elano and Dunne I do wonder who is going to be next to have a fallen out with the boss and how it will affect the squad in the long term. I can see why it makes sense to sell a player like Dunne and Elano but the way he has handled it is a bit worrying for other players at the club. Dunne has been a great servant to the club and you know that he loved his time at the club and the fans and it has been a bitter pill for him to swallow. I wish Dunne the best of luck at Villa and I would hope he gets a good reception when he comes back to the club with Villa. For all his hard work Dunne should go down as a City Legend.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Bring back Sun Jihai

The point is, Sun wouldn't be anywhere near the first team, Dunne was.

The Fat el Hombre said:
That's just a pathetic point that doesn't even deserve to be argued

Why is that a pathetic point? Do you think Neville is good enough to be at United currently, or is he there because he is a 'United man'?

What about the year or two when Mr Dunne was pissing it up the wall and playing like a cart horse while still taking his thirty grand a week, like all top footballers he will retire around 35 years of age and never have to work another day in his life and wont give a shite about City, its supporters or any other club, so while you are trudging through the rain in Manchester, he will probably be sat on the beach somewhere.

Goater continued to give a fuck. So did Buzzer, Franny Lee (for better or worse), Owen, numerous others. Lakey has an excuse of been a City fan anyway. Even Tiatto said the other day that he always looks out for City results, and gets to the game everytime he is in England.

I would imagine ex-pro's still hold a special place for teams they have played for. Football is a passionate sport, and the legs give up long before the heart does.

i dont think the rags made such a fuss when they lost ronaldo ffs i just wish we would move on. as said in earlier post. dont want dunne goin down in history as one of our all time greats that would make us a laughing stock for the rag twats. theres already fans making posters an banners for the next game for him ffs. average player, won nothing, made a very good living out of city, they wernt bangin down the door every year to sign him. MOVE ON......

leighton said:
I can see both sides of this. I think Dunne is a top class defender on form he is a great player for any club in the league. I think City were stupid to get rid of Dunne. Hughes has always went on about building a squad able to compete in all areas. Yes they brought in Lescott and Toure and then you have Ned and Vince as well but I still think Dunne is good enough to make the City starting 11. Last season we never had a settled back 4 apart from Dunne who was ever present no wonder his form went with so many changes to the team over the season.
The way Hughes has handled this is shit. If you are to beleive that he is in full control of team transfers then he should have been honest with Dunne from the start of the season. I know that has got to have pissed Dunne off more than anything else. He knew all along the defence would get sorted and it looked to me that this season Dunne was up for the battle of places at the club. Just look at Dunne this season he looks a lot leaner and fitter than ever before because of the competition for places. Which lead to him starting the first 2 games and getting back to some sort of form of old which looked promising for fans. To know you have signed 2 decent centre backs and see Dunne coming back to form put a smile on my face and would lead to a proper battle for places in the team.
Now I think Hughes has let the standard slip in his management a bit. The way he has handled the likes of Elano and Dunne I do wonder who is going to be next to have a fallen out with the boss and how it will affect the squad in the long term. I can see why it makes sense to sell a player like Dunne and Elano but the way he has handled it is a bit worrying for other players at the club. Dunne has been a great servant to the club and you know that he loved his time at the club and the fans and it has been a bitter pill for him to swallow. I wish Dunne the best of luck at Villa and I would hope he gets a good reception when he comes back to the club with Villa. For all his hard work Dunne should go down as a City Legend.

Im sorry but Hughes was always on a hiding to nothing with this transfer.

People are quick to forget that it was Hughes that kept Dunne at the club 12 months ago when Dunne was already half way out of the door. Did Dunnes performances last season prove Hughes right? No far from it!

It seems to me that under Hughes any player will get his chance but underperform on a regular basis and you are a goner. the likes of Dunne and Elano are proof of this. I have no problem with this at all, finally we have a manager in charge who expects a certain level of performance and if you fail to meet that level then you better look for another club!

I have given Hughes plenty of stick since he arrived but he has got my backing now because you can see he wants us to be the best, it may involve upsetting a few people along the way but he isnt bothered because he wants to be a winner. Fair play to him I say!

OrigamiNinja said:
People are quick to forget that it was Hughes that kept Dunne at the club 12 months ago when Dunne was already half way out of the door. Did Dunnes performances last season prove Hughes right? No far from it!

It seems to me that under Hughes any player will get his chance but underperform on a regular basis and you are a goner. the likes of Dunne and Elano are proof of this. I have no problem with this at all, finally we have a manager in charge who expects a certain level of performance and if you fail to meet that level then you better look for another club!

Good point and one that I didn't consider.

maine-road-ali said:
i dont think the rags made such a fuss when they lost ronaldo ffs i just wish we would move on. as said in earlier post. dont want dunne goin down in history as one of our all time greats that would make us a laughing stock for the rag twats. theres already fans making posters an banners for the next game for him ffs. average player, won nothing, made a very good living out of city, they wernt bangin down the door every year to sign him. MOVE ON......

Top post.

I really cant understand all the fuss over an average player who has achieved nothing in his career!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.