Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

Cant we all just say good luck Dunnie, To many people up their own ass these days, the essence of being a blue and everything that meant is ebbing away

Damocles said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Bring back Sun Jihai

The point is, Sun wouldn't be anywhere near the first team, Dunne was.

The Fat el Hombre said:
That's just a pathetic point that doesn't even deserve to be argued

Why is that a pathetic point? Do you think Neville is good enough to be at United currently, or is he there because he is a 'United man'?
In his prime, Chuckler was one of the best right-backs this country has ever produced and he went on to win every possible trophy with the club. That sort of service and achievment gets you sentiment. Being an averagely good centre-back for 9 years (including 2 as a complete twat) doesn't.

Damocles said:
[*]A previous poster summed it up perfectly for me when they spoke of a link to the past, and to Maine Road. Does anyone think Neville is really good enough to currently play for United, or is he there because he's been there forever? Why the fuck can they afford sentiment and we can't? I'm sure they haven't done too bad in the last few years.[/list]

What Premier League club would sign a 34 year old, injury prone right-back? Plus Neville is too proud and arrogant to leave them to join some small fry club.

Damocles said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Bring back Sun Jihai

The point is, Sun wouldn't be anywhere near the first team, Dunne was.

But not near enough and will only fall down the pecking order from here on in

Damocles said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
That's just a pathetic point that doesn't even deserve to be argued
Why is that a pathetic point? Do you think Neville is good enough to be at United currently, or is he there because he is a 'United man'?

It's pathetic cos you're basically admitting that Dunne isn't good enough but you wanted us to keep him because he's your favourite player and you want to be able to get all sentimental over him. And the thing is neville has always done a steady job for them and bacon face knows he can rely on him to do a job. We wouldn't be able to fo that with Dunney cos he's error prone

Nedum was too good to be fourth choice. End of.

It does make you sad that he has left and said those things. He breathes city and has captained us for god's sake.

I think its ridiculous that the club said the reason that they let him go is because of the money. What is 6m compared the 120 we spent. It doesn't add up but if he does get the testimonial then I am happy for Dunne. We don't necessarily have to keep him for us to let him know we appreciate him.

although, I can see the point about keeping him and its plausible, as I really don't think money is an issue. He should have had the option of not playing but still fighting for his spot.

Option B would be warm welcome and a banner for him everytime he comes back is more than enough to show him we love him.

AF

dont know how many of you guys remember 2001 when we ( joe royle) signed dunnie 3.5 mil he was terrible got the nick name in the kippax as youve bin (dunne) but in fairness improved 10 fold over last 5 years hence gettin 6 mil good deal for club, good deal for dunne an as ive said we now need to look to the future an get the silver ware we av waited for an deserve for years...no sentiment in football an dunnie an his family are not gonna starve...

The Fat el Hombre said:
It's pathetic cos you're basically admitting that Dunne isn't good enough but you wanted us to keep him because he's your favourite player and you want to be able to get all sentimental over him. And the thing is neville has always done a steady job for them and bacon face knows he can rely on him to do a job. We wouldn't be able to fo that with Dunney cos he's error prone

Quite the opposite, I think he can do a job. Hughes must also think so after allowing him to play the first few games of the season and most of last. I didn't see much of TBH in the Prem this season, because it's obvious that Hughes didn't think he was up to it.

OrigamiNinja said:
leighton said:
I can see both sides of this. I think Dunne is a top class defender on form he is a great player for any club in the league. I think City were stupid to get rid of Dunne. Hughes has always went on about building a squad able to compete in all areas. Yes they brought in Lescott and Toure and then you have Ned and Vince as well but I still think Dunne is good enough to make the City starting 11. Last season we never had a settled back 4 apart from Dunne who was ever present no wonder his form went with so many changes to the team over the season.
The way Hughes has handled this is shit. If you are to beleive that he is in full control of team transfers then he should have been honest with Dunne from the start of the season. I know that has got to have pissed Dunne off more than anything else. He knew all along the defence would get sorted and it looked to me that this season Dunne was up for the battle of places at the club. Just look at Dunne this season he looks a lot leaner and fitter than ever before because of the competition for places. Which lead to him starting the first 2 games and getting back to some sort of form of old which looked promising for fans. To know you have signed 2 decent centre backs and see Dunne coming back to form put a smile on my face and would lead to a proper battle for places in the team.
Now I think Hughes has let the standard slip in his management a bit. The way he has handled the likes of Elano and Dunne I do wonder who is going to be next to have a fallen out with the boss and how it will affect the squad in the long term. I can see why it makes sense to sell a player like Dunne and Elano but the way he has handled it is a bit worrying for other players at the club. Dunne has been a great servant to the club and you know that he loved his time at the club and the fans and it has been a bitter pill for him to swallow. I wish Dunne the best of luck at Villa and I would hope he gets a good reception when he comes back to the club with Villa. For all his hard work Dunne should go down as a City Legend.

Im sorry but Hughes was always on a hiding to nothing with this transfer.

People are quick to forget that it was Hughes that kept Dunne at the club 12 months ago when Dunne was already half way out of the door. Did Dunnes performances last season prove Hughes right? No far from it!

It seems to me that under Hughes any player will get his chance but underperform on a regular basis and you are a goner. the likes of Dunne and Elano are proof of this. I have no problem with this at all, finally we have a manager in charge who expects a certain level of performance and if you fail to meet that level then you better look for another club!

I have given Hughes plenty of stick since he arrived but he has got my backing now because you can see he wants us to be the best, it may involve upsetting a few people along the way but he isnt bothered because he wants to be a winner. Fair play to him I say!

Dunne started off this season well. So if you are thinking about getting rid of Dunne why even play him if he is not in your long term plans. Ned was there ready to fill in if need be until he got his defence sorted. What does Hughes think of Ned as a player? Surely Ned would of been the one to partner Toure most fans would of thought but no he has yet to play a minute of football in the league or cup yet which is strange.

leighton said:
OrigamiNinja said:
Im sorry but Hughes was always on a hiding to nothing with this transfer.

People are quick to forget that it was Hughes that kept Dunne at the club 12 months ago when Dunne was already half way out of the door. Did Dunnes performances last season prove Hughes right? No far from it!

It seems to me that under Hughes any player will get his chance but underperform on a regular basis and you are a goner. the likes of Dunne and Elano are proof of this. I have no problem with this at all, finally we have a manager in charge who expects a certain level of performance and if you fail to meet that level then you better look for another club!

I have given Hughes plenty of stick since he arrived but he has got my backing now because you can see he wants us to be the best, it may involve upsetting a few people along the way but he isnt bothered because he wants to be a winner. Fair play to him I say!

Dunne started off this season well. So if you are thinking about getting rid of Dunne why even play him if he is not in your long term plans. Ned was there ready to fill in if need be until he got his defence sorted. What does Hughes think of Ned as a player? Surely Ned would of been the one to partner Toure most fans would of thought but no he has yet to play a minute of football in the league or cup yet which is strange.

Ned and Kompany were both injured.

Hughes thinks very highly of Ned hence offering him a 5 year deal. Ned is also much younger and can improve, Dunne at his age was never going to get any better!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.