Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

Cba reading the full 18 pages and I am a Dunne fan, but
on the point of loyalty, didn't he submit a transfer request
prior to the takeover.
I'm sure he did, because at the time I thought Hughes talked him into staying, whereas I
would have let him go (same as any pplayer who doesn't want to play for us.

Didsbury Dave said:
Unlike your Tevez post, Damocles, this time I don't agree.

Dunne's time at City had come to a close. He has lost his edge and makes too many errors.

We have signed players better than him. We need to have young players on the fringes, versatile players like Onuoha and Kompany.

I'm glad he was sold.

this

He's not a top four defender and that's all we need to be thinking about. We can't win the title on sentiment.

Re: Dunne City Legend or Not?

Boots_ said:
maine-road-ali said:
trust me we wont even remember richard dunne in two years time..

Why? Because we've brought in better players than him and we may have won stuff?

We'll have turned into a right set of w@nkers if you're right.
fuk i think all the dunne lovers think iam avin a go at him, trust me im not.
what i mean is that the glory an the journey or the roller coaster ride as swp refered it to takes over,not that you forget the past you enjoy the present (an we deserve it) an the future.... yes we av got better players than him but thats whats called movin on. surely nobody wants another 30 years of what weve just had, an yes in my opinion an thats what footballs all about, hes not a legend........thanks for the service,good luck for the future see ya.... bell....lee....summerbee.........legends an others but thats it...

Best of luck Dunney! I'm sure he'll be paraded on the pitch when he retires anyway! He was willing to fight for his place and I'm still pretty gutted he's gone. I just hope the squad we have now stays relatively the same as I don't like the idea that the club is just a revolving door! Gutted that he left in such a way but he's still a City legend in my eyes. Can't remember the last player to fight back after drinking problems, being overweight, not being fit, not being 'good' and forcing his way back into the team on football alone when he was basically told he'd never play again and told to train with the Reserves! Dunninhoooo!!

Wow some of the comments on here are ridiculas, we wont remmeber dunne in 2 years time?, ali you been a city fan all ur life or just for 12 months mate? Dunne like it or not will always be remember for his sublime moments or his mishaps now and again but he kept us a team, weve been through some hard times recent years and for a player to play 9 years on the bounce and get player of the year 4 times tells you alot. Dunne wasnt blessed with the best pace in the world and whatever you say if he had the pace he would of been classed as a world class defender, hes no better no worse than carragher, and look at how they rate him? hes not special down at stanley knife park. If you have seen the comments and videos over last few days too you will see how much Dunne is hurting, hes hurting bad. I would of loved for Dunne to get a testimonial he'll always be remembered by myself, and so he should by every city fan, for me he was a true emblem of city over the last 6 or 7 seasons.

LEGEND for City,

Maybe no a legend in the game but for City most certainly.

PS: If shaun goater was such a legend for scoring goals then Dunne is defo a legend, i love goater too but he missed easy chances just as much as dunne messed up at the back, you do the math.

Kinky true true legend my favourite player of all time but was not right for City at the time and i think through some bad managers and kinky just being on another world than the rest of the team saw us reach the 3rd tier of English football. That said i would marry georgi kinkladze in a heartbeat

Best of luck Richard

kramer said:
This Player of Year whats it actually mean? It must be taken in context of who else the OSC had to vote for. How many voted for him? I've been watching City for 45 years and never had the opportunity to vote!
if youre a member of an offical branch you get a vote form towards the end of the season.

Yes. Totally. A player that the fans could really relate to during some dark times.
Epitomised the never give up attitude that we needed before we were awash with cash.
Glad he's gone to a decent club rather than Sjoke or Sunderland.
Miss him, but time to move on.

watchin that dunney interview makes me wanna cry, its his puppy dog eyes awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.