Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: For everyone that ISNT slating Richard Dunne

Dubai Blue said:
RusholFkir said:
He has put in some great performances over the years and has been a loyal servant
Can't argue with that. But he was very well rewarded for his 9 years of service; the sort of reward that me or you could only dream of. He didn't do it out of the goodness of his own heart. If City were fucked, he'd have served his own interests and pissed off elsewhere, and fair play to him. We're just now doing the same thing.

Sometimes shit happens; there's no need to woman about it.

Good luck Richard.

You're right of course, I'm not naive enough to fail to recognise that football is a business, and players are mercenaries. They have 15 or so years to kick a ball around a park for silly money before their knees give and they're gonna grab as much money as they can. Fact is though, his kicking a ball around our park for the last nine years has given me a lot of enjoyment, and I'm not going to forget that just because he was well paid for it, much less hold it against him. As for the bitching, I'm sure he'll see the bigger picture in time (I hope) - he said himself he wishes nothing but success for the club and the fans.

I don't really have any sympathy for him. He had all of last season to prove he was good enough. Instead the big lump decided to get sent off in our most important game of the season. Funny as it may sound, Elano might have been the whipping boy in terms of attitude for the club last year, but he's handled his own departure with comparative grace.

Thanks for all you've done over the years Richard, it's just a shame you had to leave on a sour note. Best of luck at Villa and look forward to seeing you smash one in when you face us.

Re: For everyone that ISNT slating Richard Dunne

RusholFkir said:
You're right of course, I'm not naive enough to fail to recognise that football is a business, and players are mercenaries. They have 15 or so years to kick a ball around a park for silly money before their knees give and they're gonna grab as much money as they can. Fact is though, his kicking a ball around our park for the last nine years has given me a lot of enjoyment, and I'm not going to forget that just because he was well paid for it, much less hold it against him. As for the bitching, I'm sure he'll see the bigger picture in time (I hope) - he said himself he wishes nothing but success for the club and the fans.
Fair enough. I loved him too, but his latest comments were ill advised.

I said earlier in the Joe Hart thread that the club should make all the right noises whilst uncertain over someone's future because that is the best thing for the club. The same applies to the Dunne situation. It appears he was lied to; but that lie meant we would've been able to hold on to a still-motivated player if the Toure/Lescott deals fell through. They did go through, so we were then in a position to tell Dunne the truth. Dunne's interview seems to infer that we should've told him he wasn't wanted from Day 1. But we'd have been fucked if we'd done that and then missed out on our targets.

If it comes down to doing the best for Manchester City or preserving the feelings of a multi-millionaire, I know which I'd choose.

I struggle to have any sympathy for someone that has been paid thousands a week for the last nine years and at the start of his City career came in to training pissed that often that if it wasn't for the bloke from the PFA pleading for another chance he would have been nowhere near the club.

OK, eventually he knuckled down and became a decent player for us for a few seasons but he is 29 years old now and we have younger back up for Toure and Lescott in Kompany and Onouha. The best deal all round was to sell Dunne because he will now get first team football and we get £6m for him. We are going down another path now where it needs everyone going in the same direction and if the mail article is true the first couple of lines from Dunne about Cook suggest he may have been one of the disruptive influences that needed to be gotten rid of.

I wish him the best for the future as a person because he did seem to turn his career around after a dodgy start but now he no longer plays for City I have very little interest in his football (until we play Villa and then I hope he throws a few fuck ups in)

Dunne was treated disgracefully, in fairness.

Garry Cook should be ashamed if what Richard said is true.

The man was player of the year 4 years in a row and almost single handedly kept us up many times.

People have short memories.

He's definitely as good as lescott.

To be forced out when he wanted to fight for his place, and to say we needed the money, is disgusting.

This is a great club but I hope this kind of behaviour is not the road we are going down because of our wealth.

Thanks and best of luck Richard.

Cork_Blue said:
Dunne was treated disgracefully, in fairness.

Garry Cook should be ashamed if what Richard said is true.

The man was player of the year 4 years in a row and almost single handedly kept us up many times.

People have short memories.

He's definitely as good as lescott.

To be forced out when he wanted to fight for his place, and to say we needed the money, is disgusting.

This is a great club but I hope this kind of behaviour is not the road we are going down because of our wealth.

Thanks and best of luck Richard.

You MUST be mad to say that!

Dunne has the premiere league record for a defender with the most red cards in his career: 9!!!

His own goals and mistakes cost us a European place last year based on the points they cost us.
Still can't get over the Everton home game, 0-0 in the last min of time added on.
He kicks the ball out for a NEEDLESS corner with no one even around him.
Resulting corner, Cahill heads it in. Everton win.

Not to mention his sending off in the UEFA quarter finals when the referee gave him warning after warning and STILL he makes a stupid tackle to deservedly get a red reducing us to 10 men with just 15 mins left to get a tying goal.

As good as Lecott? you must be mad!

Re: Dunne City Legend or Not?

The Fat el Hombre said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Well, it depends on your definition of "legend" - a word which is well overused these days.

He's a legend in the same way as Shaun Goater, but not in the same league as Bell or Lee.

I agree with the point your making, I'd put Kinky in there as well

I think the Goat is a true legend though

kinky is a legend
goater is a legend
dunne is history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.