Richard Keys "City blow a fortune"

The Milner bit made me genuinely laugh. First name on the teamsheet after Aguero? Really? not Silva, Kompany,Zabba, Yaya etc etc? I've a lot of appreciation for Milner's contribution whilst with us but talk about over exaggerating.

Keys is a fucking dick that is for certain, although some of his poorly presented and ill researched opinions do resonate.

I rarely offer an opinion on City but it is close season and im bored. So yes i do think our squad has been allowed to age without proper redress and i do think Tkiki has bought poorly on the whole. The result is City will possibly end up paying silly money for the cretinous Sterling and Injured more than Rodwell, Wilshire. Hardly a ringing endorsement for the future, more a desperate attempt to realign the squad in terms of age and nationality.

Thats me done for another season :)

Keys is a fucking dick that is for certain, although some of his poorly presented and ill researched opinions do resonate.

I rarely offer an opinion on City but it is close season and im bored. So yes i do think our squad has been allowed to age without proper redress and i do think Tkiki has bought poorly on the whole. The result is City will possibly end up paying silly money for the cretinous Sterling and Injured more than Rodwell, Wilshire. Hardly a ringing endorsement for the future, more a desperate attempt to realign the squad in terms of age and nationality.

Thats me done for another season :)

RAG

The UEFA regulations don't actually require you to register 8 home grown players, the rule says that "8 places are reserved for locally trained players in a squad of 25" meaning you can have a maximum of 17 foreign trained players but there's no minimum for locally trained as far as I can tell.

The UEFA regulations don't actually require you to register 8 home grown players, the rule says that "8 places are reserved for locally trained players in a squad of 25" meaning you can have a maximum of 17 foreign trained players but there's no minimum for locally trained as far as I can tell.
It's quite simple. There's an A list and a B list.

The A list is the one we're interested in and that can have from 17 up to 25 players in it. The first 17 are described as 'free' players, meaning they can be any nationality, either foreign or association trained.

In a squad of 25, a minimum of 8 must be locally trained of which no more than 4 must be association trained (i.e. locally trained but by other clubs). So you couldn't have 5 association and 3 club trained players in a 25 man squad.

If you can't name 8 locally trained players then your squad size is reduced accordingly. If we can only name 4 locally trained players, we can only name a 21-man squad.

Currently we only have Hart as club trained, which means we can only have a maximum squad of 22.

The B List is for younger players who fulfil certain criteria (younger than 22 I think and who have been with the club for 2 continuous years since their 15th birthday). You can have as many of those as you want.

The outcome is that if we keep Clichy and buy Sterling we can only add another two association trained players to the CL squad. It doesn't matter which list players like Denayer, Rekik & Lopes go on, assuming they all class as B list players.

Last edited:
The HG issue is a concern at every English club with European ambitions. There just aren't enough good English players. We could have wasted those millions pursuing English talent that didn't exist, which is no less a waste of money.

The PL was dumb as fuck for passing those HG rules because German and Spanish clubs have no shortage while England has a horrible void of talent. The English league's greatest competitive advantage is money, not players, and we've effectively ghettoized the squads with this xenophobic BS.

Yeah, but that means you're at a big disadvantage if you can't register 8 home grown players. ATM, we can only register 3. That'd only give us a squad of 20, and that's including Richard Wright. I've gotta agree that it's pretty stupid that we've ended up in this situation. And now we're going to have to overpay for any home grown player we go for.

Richard Keys is right to call the barca boys out on our financial waste. It's unbelievable that we are only placed sixth on our income and we generally make money on our players when they move on. They should have bought crouchy, Johnson, and hendo when they had the chance. If only we'd been run properly we might be Aston Villa now.

Oh wait I'm doing this wrong

It's quite simple. There's an A list and a B list.

The A list is the one we're interested in and that can have from 17 up to 25 players in it. The first 17 are described as 'free' players, meaning they can be any nationality, either foreign or association trained.

In a squad of 25, a minimum of 8 must be locally trained of which no more than 4 must be association trained (i.e. locally trained but by other clubs). So you couldn't have 5 association and 3 club trained players in a 25 man squad.

If you can't name 8 locally trained players then your squad size is reduced accordingly. If we can only name 4 locally trained players, we can only name a 21-man squad.

Currently we only have Hart as club trained, which means we can only have a maximum squad of 22.

The B List is for younger players who fulfil certain criteria (younger than 22 I think and who have been with the club for 2 continuous years since their 15th birthday). You can have as many of those as you want.

The outcome is that if we keep Clichy and buy Sterling we can only add another two association trained players to the CL squad. It doesn't matter which list players like Denayer, Rekik & Lopes go on, assuming they all class as B list players.

Hart doesn't qualify as club trained PB. He wasn't at the club a full three years before turning 21 :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.