Richard Keys "City blow a fortune"

Clearly Keys is biased and much of what he wrote is through biased red eyes, but there are grains of truth in it to be fair. There aren't many on this forum who would argue that we have spent wisely since Txiki's arrival, quite the opposite in fact. And the dearth of homegrown players in our team is a problem that we have ignored for too long.

Keys is a Coventry supporter.

No 'maybe' about it my friend. It is true. Where is the positive in that?
It wasn't the oldest squad in the PL when the DoF took up his position but it is now.
Does that indicate or suggest good forward planning to you? Well it certainly doesn't to me.
It leaves us where we are now, that is in a disadvantaged position of having to pay very big money for younger / English players in this window to redress the balance.
If you think that is good and that's how things should be done then that's OK for you. But I just happen to have a different opinion. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Isn't that what Internet forums are for after all?
But it depends on how much stock you put into what "The oldest Squad" represents. Sure we have an average age slightly higher than all the rest but it's not yet at a point where I think it's neccessary to start worrying. If all the chatter regarding our summer transfer targets bears fruit then the average age will reduce and we will go into the new season in a much stronger position.
I reckon doing the business of the magnitude being talked about is forward planning.
I've no problem with your opinion. You carry on mate.

I left a comment on his blog but it's been removed. Seems the disgraced presenter is a tad sensitive.

But it depends on how much stock you put into what "The oldest Squad" represents. Sure we have an average age slightly higher than all the rest but it's not yet at a point where I think it's neccessary to start worrying. If all the chatter regarding our summer transfer targets bears fruit then the average age will reduce and we will go into the new season in a much stronger position.
I reckon doing the business of the magnitude being talked about is forward planning.
no one picked up on this "ageing squad" bollocks this time last year when we had just won the League,cocks like Jamie Redknapp point it out...the rest followed like sheep.....

Totally overlooking the reason Mancini left. Yes he assembled a great team and won a title but he didn’t put together a highly polished and professional operation which is one of the owner’s biggest priorities. Mancini was a hands off coach who put little time in to man management. Players were criticised openly and there was building resentment.
Contrast that with the ultra professionalism we now come to expect.

You can't seriously believe he isn't trolling?

Did we also have the oldest squad the year before when we won the league? Quite an achievement when you think about it. Can't understand why nobody mentioned it.

Maybe our squad all aged four years when everyone else just gained one.

He could well be. The argument he's using though has been levelled at us in the past by certain parts of the media and swallowed by some blues so it is an opinion out there - just one I don't subscribe to.

Maybe Des Lynam or John Craven will be next. Since when was Keys a football expert?

When he talked about Cardiff City's kit change it made me doubt he was a real Coventry supporter after there multiple changes and Jimmy Hill changing them to sky blue in the 1960s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.