Richards in Olympic Squad

OB1 said:
Surely one of the reasons Micah didn't go on stand-by is that Pearce told him he wanted him for the Olympics and my suspicion remains that Pearce told him he would captain the Olympic football team.
i think so too..... but i hope micah enjoys the experience, makes up for the euros!

i`d love to see micah captain britain.

I'm pleased for the lad i really am but a part of me wishes he wasn't going but preparing for our next season, someone mention he may miss the Chairty shield game??

Super David Silva 21 said:
I'm pleased for the lad i really am but a part of me wishes he wasn't going but preparing for our next season, someone mention he may miss the Chairty shield game??
not exactly got a bad replacement have we
Pablo%2BZabaleta%2B11.jpg

The only issue for me is whether Pearce will allow the players to follow the same sort of routine as they normally would with their clubs in pre season. Now that we've got a reasonably settled squad I dont think its that big a deal if Micah spends pre season with GB in England rather than flying round the world with City.

If Pearce recognises that its just a glorified pre season competition it would be ok. The problem would be if Pearce gets carried away by it all (which not including Beckham suggests he might) and insists that the players are at a physical peak during the Olympics. If he doesn't let the players do the endurance stuff that they would normally do in pre season.

waspish said:
Goater's Nipple said:
For anyone being pissed off about this you are directing it straight at Micah as it was his decision to make himself available.

Fuck Fergie telling his players they can't go. Who is he to take away an opportunity like this? I'm glad Mancini didn't go the same way.

If Richards wants to go play in the Olympics then good luck to the lad and I hope he comes back a winner.

People are putting this about themselves 'oh no we may miss him for a few games'. This is about HIM. Yes, it will be disappointing not having him available if that happens but I can't hold it against him for wanting to do this.

I Agee with you.. But this is why BaconChops is a winner he doesn't give a TOSS about anyone else or Any other competitions when it's not the scum involved all he cares about is himself and the SCUM!

Bacon chops wasn't a fucking winner last season!

cibaman said:
The only issue for me is whether Pearce will allow the players to follow the same sort of routine as they normally would with their clubs in pre season. Now that we've got a reasonably settled squad I dont think its that big a deal if Micah spends pre season with GB in England rather than flying round the world with City.

If Pearce recognises that its just a glorified pre season competition it would be ok. The problem would be if Pearce gets carried away by it all (which not including Beckham suggests he might) and insists that the players are at a physical peak during the Olympics. If he doesn't let the players do the endurance stuff that they would normally do in pre season.

Pearce's fitness training left something to be desired at City: I know for a fact that one senior member of the squad felt that he had to going running when he got home from training.

Love how the rag sycophant journos like Henry Winter are saying it's a disgrace that "Becks" has been left out.

Well done Micah, given that teamGB are in a group with Uruguay, Senegal, and the UAE they have a fair chance of going through too as 1st and 2nd advance.

des hardi said:
OB1 said:
Surely one of the reasons Micah didn't go on stand-by is that Pearce told him he wanted him for the Olympics and my suspicion remains that Pearce told him he would captain the Olympic football team.
i think so too..... but i hope micah enjoys the experience, makes up for the euros!

i`d love to see micah captain britain.
That would also make sense of the stories about Micah having been rung by Pearce and not by Hodgson when he was left out of the Euros and also make sense of why he was not going to be stuck on standby list. Fact is that Pearce has seen Micah up close and knows how good he is. So when Hodgson told Pearce he wasn't going to pick him, Stuart would have siezed the opportunity to say he wanted first dibs on him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.