Right. So we are the new chelsea

I hope we are the new Chelsea. Multiple leagues, FA cups and a champions league to look forward to.

Gelsons Dad said:
The president is now set. We sacked a manager because he failed to win anything this season despite being second and having won 2 major trophies in two years. The next guy will have to be fucking good if he wants to stay more than a year.

We sacked a manager because he failed to win anything and felt the need to blame that on everyone but himself, the board and the media did not cost Mancini his job (true they didn't help) but Mancini, for some reason has failed to motivate players accordingly, and has not acknowledged that. Lets face it Mancini and the squad are experienced and are paid enough to cope with anything the press or the owners can dish at them.

the sacking is like when di matteo was sacked. Unless we win the league every year , which has never happened before we sack our manager.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
the sacking is like when di matteo was sacked. Unless we win the league every year , which has never happened before we sack our manager.

No. It's like when Roberto Mancini was sacked. Nor for missing targets. But for missing targets, going to war with everyone else inside the club, endangering the future of the academy, falling out with key players, insisting on the purchases of Balotelli and Dzeko against the advice of the rest of the management team and then disavowing himself of their poor contributions, and then complaining that he didn't have more top strikers even with Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli and Dzeko on the books, and for making public and repeated statements about how nothing was his fault, and for not being able to focus sufficiently under pressure to prepare the team for an FA Cup final against relegation fodder.

We did some good things under Mancini, but don't idolize him. He didn't pay for the success we enjoyed. He'll do fine. We'll do better.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

This is all just bollocks!!!
The press is having a field day currently with the Baconface/Gollum hand over. About how it's a "like-for-like" appointment, stability and consistency of a long managerial reign.
Well if this was 1986, then i'd agree, but football is an entirely different game these days. Shakin' Bacon was the last remnant of a bygone age!
Every TV pundit without fail has been banging on about how bad our game is currently compared to European football - Germany and Spain the last two flavours of the month, yet look at their managerial records... are there any manager - sorry - coaches, who have been in their positions over three years?
The continental way is for the club to buy players and employ a coach to mould them into a winning team, with Begristain and Soriano I see us adopting that approach... and why not, let's embrace it. Hell if they sort the youth coaching out too so our new academy has the potential to unearth the next Messi, then we're in for a fantastic future.
Roberto - love the guy, thanks for the memories fella, and every success in the future, but I'm a CITY fan and have faith in the Sheikh so, bring it on!!!

OB1 said:
We are not the new Chelsea.

Agreed that we are not the new Chelsea. Unfortunately perception is king and the media will push the perception we are the new Chelsea to the max and even more unfortunately the PR shambles of the last few days that made us look Chelsea lite is entirely of our own making.

Additionally we have cited the reasons as not meeting our targets so second is now grounds for dismissal. Pelegrini gets off to a rocky start and you can guess the narrative of the pressers.

"Mancini was sacked for finishing second. You are lying third 7 points behind the leaders. Do you fear for your job even at this early stage?"

Also the holistic bit ie 'be nice to players'. Next question is "You subbed Tevez in the 1-0 defeat and he looked unhappy. Are the players taking to your methods and approach?" meaning "players here get the manager the sack are you keeping them sweet"

City have set next seasons media narrative and its going to be a tough gig for Pellegrini

Could be worse, could be the Old City....

Mancini done a decent Job, but its time for a change, Chelsea have a really strong team and if Mourinho goes there they will probably be favs to win the league. We need to keep up with them and the teams performances have been poor since Christmas 2012, So I think the time is right for a change, hopefully a new manager is already waiting in the Wings. 3 and a half years is fairly long spell in charge these days so its a stupid headline.

stavros said:
Gelsons Dad said:
The president is now set. We sacked a manager because he failed to win anything this season despite being second and having won 2 major trophies in two years. The next guy will have to be fucking good if he wants to stay more than a year.

no .....we sacked the manager not only because we failed to win anything, but also because our performances have bee worryingly bad for most of the season.

the team HAS regressed , and he didn't hit his targets.

If the owners want a change and feel it benefits MCFC that is fine by me.

I support Manchester City.....not Roberto Mancini

CTID

Spot on Stavros.

We have worryingly regressed this season.With the squad at our disposal we should have kicked on more than we did.How anyone can start to badmouth the owner,as some on this forum have tonight,is beyond me.The man has given us things that none of us could even dream about only a few years ago.

CTWD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.