RIP Chris Shaw

I got to the game late on weds. I had been sitting in traffic for nearly 4 hours from Stoke and was livid. I don't get to take my boys much because of cost and I just thought typical that one of the few games I take them to, the bloody traffic ruined the night. Finally got there about 25 mins in and missed the first goal. Nacho went down like he'd been shot when fouled and rolled around Ashley young style and then jumped up when he'd got a foul. Everyone started clapping and I shouted don't clap him for doing that! As the applause carried on I realised that maybe we were clapping something more important. Howard kendall maybe? At half time I started googleing and realised why were clapping and also found out a young girl was fighting for her life after a car accident that had caused the reason for our lateness and the traffic. Certainly put things into perspective. I was no longer angry needless to say. We sometimes don't appreciate how lucky some of us are. Needless to say I'll know when to pay my respects on Saturday after reading his story of how big a city fan he was. There really are some miserable and unpleasant arseholes on here and this thread just proves it. Why would anyone use a thread on someone's death to make a self righteous point without knowing the facts. Sad bastards. Anyway, rip Chris. Sounded like a special city fan and person.

I understand a blue has died and my condolences to the family

But it seems there isn't a week that goes by where we are not clapping some random fan who has passed away

It's getting ridiculous now

You don't have to clap fella it's upto you, perhaps it's a City thing, for me it gets 10 out of ten , great gesture from the club and Sergio v Palace.

Seems some are never fucking happy what this club does.

If fans and the club want to show there condolences then that marks us out from the rest.He only got diagnosed 6 months ago, so tragic.

RIP Chris, a long standing loyal blue,

If you cannot see that this is an exceptional case then I despair mate.

We don't clap for every City fan that we lose from this great blue family but this is an exceptional case.

I never met Chris but will be paying my respects on the 35th minute and really feel for the whole family.

I don't think IBH is arguing about that - I agree with him.
The point IBH is making is that there is a minutes applause EVERY game now. Tomorrow we'll do one for Chris, we did one for Chris on Wednesday, we did one for a City fan from Bournemouth against them etc....
If they happen every game it dilutes the sentiment behind it.

We have our annual remembrance day at City when we can all pay our respects in a minutes silence pre-match. I personally would prefer to wait until then.

Anyway, it's probably best not to take this thread of course. He sounded like a great guy and I really feel for his missus and their children - hopefully this thread and the support from other blues will help them get through this difficult time. I can't imagine how difficult the past few months must have been.

I understand what you're saying..and I know my post sounds insensitive..but if we clapped every dyed in the wool blue who passed away we would be doing it every 5 minutes

Clapping in football used to be reserved for legends of the club/game

Now it seems it's for everyone

Last week it was a City fan who happened to be from Bournemouth

This week it's Chris

Next week it will be 'unknown' from 'somewhere'

I understand I sound cold..I'm sure they were all top blues..but where does it stop?

So what your saying is that you want a horse drawn carriage taken round the pitch when you pass away, being a bigger blue than anyone else like.

So what your saying is that you want a horse drawn carriage taken round the pitch when you pass away, being a bigger blue than anyone else like.

I'm hardly a 'bigger blue than anyone else' and not sure how you got that from my post

I don't want to argue the toss on what is essentially a rememberance thread either so I'll bow out in disgrace now

I'm hardly a 'bigger blue than anyone else' and not sure how you got that from my post

I don't want to argue the toss on what is essentially a rememberance thread either so I'll bow out in disgrace now

It's just a case fella of the fans the club in showing a bit of compassion for a fellow blue and especially the family he has left behind .

Apologies for the short comment fella , just that life is ultimately more important than a football club.

This is really tragic. I didn't know Chris personally but I do recognise his picture and I must have seen him at a few away games over the years.

My thoughts really do go out to his wife, beautiful little boys, family and friends. I had a very close friend sadly pass away from cancer just over 2 years ago at the age of just 39 with two young sons so this has really struck a chord with me. I'm only a year older than Chris and my wife is expecting our first child in February and the thought of what has happened to Chris really is an upsetting one.

I'll be clapping as loud as I can on Saturday, not only for a 'proper blue' but for his family and friends.

R.I.P. Chris.

Right lads behave if you want to clap , clap if you don't , don't , I am one of his best mates so I therefore will be clapping ,anyway for those that knew him or those who want to pay respects , Chris's funeral will be held on Friday 6th November at St. Peter's church in Ashton under Lyme ( facing Ashton police station ) followed by burial at droylsden cemetery at 2.15 , then celebration (as he wanted ) will follow at the legends suite at Manchester city football club .
Please note no football shirts ( he said this ) instead if your a blue where a blue tie or a red then red tie and so on , that's for the men , women can do as they see fit but he asked for a celebration so wearing black is optional not a must , please feel free to come dressed in your normal others if you prefer , thanks Nick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.