Rishi Sunak

I'm mixed on this.

We still ended up with the highest death rate in Western Europe, so being a few months ahead of some other countries with the initial vaccines is not exactly a badge of honour. It was one aspect of Covid that they didn't mess up, but to get the vaccine first, and still end up with a higher death rate is shocking considering we're on an island.

I'd also be interested to see just how much of this was down to the Tories. I don't think it's going to be covered by the inquiry till much later, and given what we've seen so far, would it be a total surprise to find out that they got lucky.

I think it's often over-claimed.

The tech had been being developed for about 15 years, and they could essentially do a mass trial on it for a few months with govt funding. The pharma companies and govts worked pretty closely worldwide to get production up - any input into aspect was a good thing.

Once that was up, they did the right things - give it to the NHS with army logistical support to deliver and use, and keep out of their way!

I'm mixed on this.

We still ended up with the highest death rate in Western Europe, so being a few months ahead of some other countries with the initial vaccines is not exactly a badge of honour. It was one aspect of Covid that they didn't mess up, but to get the vaccine first, and still end up with a higher death rate is shocking considering we're on an island.

I'd also be interested to see just how much of this was down to the Tories. I don't think it's going to be covered by the inquiry till much later, and given what we've seen so far, would it be a total surprise to find out that they got lucky.
They stole the EU's vaccines.

Says election will be in the second half of the year, don't really believe that myself I still think any good forecast for the economy he calls it in May.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.