Rishi Sunak

I think they have it backwards though. The longer they wait, the more homeowners drop off their fixed rate mortgages and have to face the reality of the impact of interest rates, the poorer the comfortable middle classes will feel. People are not going to feel richer in the scope of 2024, things don’t correct quickly enough.

But friendly press are reporting lower interest rates for mortgages - without saying that these rates will still be higher for people at end of their older fixed rate deals.

Not really a fan either of the main parties or the Lib Dems. Call me politically homeless if you will, or whatever. But surely this is it now. The last big YouGov poll from 6 weeks ago has the Tories on 22% - yeah the exit poll is the one worth waiting for but like, come on. Also wonder if them putting the election off for another 10 months is going to piss people off even more and send their numbers into the teens. It won't "finish the Tories off for good" because all it takes to bounce back in politics is time - just ask Scottish Labour who were dead and buried as recently as 2019 but will surely have the majority in Holyrood come this time next year. But god they need a rebrand and proper reorganisation. People don't vote on policies - not really. They vote on who looks the smartest and seems like the most sensible, the most in control. Right now it doesn't matter what Sunak does, he came in after people had already started on the "They don't know what they're bloody doin' at Number 10!" claims. Truss coming and going within six weeks was the final straw, I think, after everything that's happened since the pandemic. Fuck 'em. Not happy about the guy coming in either but the Tories have been in power for my entire adult life and the country has only stagnated since they were given the keys. Give someone else a go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.