Rishi Sunak

All the Tories have left is culture wars.

They only attack on this front because they know quite a lot of people get wound up about stuff that in real life will never have any impact on them, still less provide any kind of threat. I worry about stuff like the NHS and the level of crime. Some bloke waking up one day and deciding he wants to be a she is no more a threat to me than a guy down the road deciding he wants a new car.

I must admit, I had an epiphany* about 30 years back when I realised that what other people did in their bedrooms was fuck all to do with me, unless children and animals were involved. I see this as rather similar.

(* It was brought about by working alongside a very amiable lesbian who defied all the stereotypes and made me think.)

I also find it odd that people who often obsess about 'freedom' are keen to deny freedom to people who are not what you might call 'standard human beings.' It's rather contradictory in a philosophical sense.

Not the point though is it? She had to make a decision on the subject it was her job.Ther is a decision to be made on Trans rights and that has to be navigated taking into account womens rights. Politicians in Scotland tried to navigate that.The decisions they made are complicated and I didn't need to have an opinion because they don't effect me.

Lots of things don't affect us personally it's a bad argument. In fact one of our main problems is people vote out of self interest and don't give a stuff about others .

Anyhow Sunak showed a lack of political nouse to go along with his incompetence.

Starmer just put on one of his many faces.

Jon Ronson traced this nonsense about identifying as a cat to an American school which had a bucket of cat litter in each classroom, for use as a toilet in the event of them having to lock themselves in should there be a shooter.
Brilliant series this (the second one in the 'Things fell apart' podcast).

I'd urge anyone to give this a listen on the evolution of recent culture wars.
The first series was also excellent.

Brilliant series this (the second one in the 'Things fell apart' podcast).

I'd urge anyone to give this a listen on the evolution of recent culture wars.
The first series was also excellent.
Didn't know that was back. First season was cracking.

Well Sunak, you keep espousing that Labour would take us back to square one. That would be a far better place than where you and your corrupt Government have taken us/ taking us to.

Hope you’re finished in this country after you’re humiliated in the GE.

You are up there as one of the worst Prime Ministers ever, and there has been some shite of late

All the Tories have left is culture wars.

They only attack on this front because they know quite a lot of people get wound up about stuff that in real life will never have any impact on them, still less provide any kind of threat. I worry about stuff like the NHS and the level of crime. Some bloke waking up one day and deciding he wants to be a she is no more a threat to me than a guy down the road deciding he wants a new car.

I must admit, I had an epiphany* about 30 years back when I realised that what other people did in their bedrooms was fuck all to do with me, unless children and animals were involved. I see this as rather similar.

(* It was brought about by working alongside a very amiable lesbian who defied all the stereotypes and made me think.)

I also find it odd that people who often obsess about 'freedom' are keen to deny freedom to people who are not what you might call 'standard human beings.' It's rather contradictory in a philosophical sense.
It has an impact on me, as a woman.

I don't care to be called "a woman who menstruates" or anything similar. I'm a woman---an adult human female. I'm not some sub category.
I don't (and won't) want to have to insert my preferred pronoun on my signature email at work. I'm a woman. That's it.

I don't want to have biological men competing in sports against my female counterparts. It's unfair and ridiculous.
I don't want biological men telling me I'm a bigot because I don't accept they are the same as me.

I don't want to share the same toilet as a biological man.

I don't want to impede any other persons way of living, but I'm damn sure they shouldn't be allowed to impede on mine either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.