Rishi Sunak

The state of the country is down to 30 years of mismanagement by successive government's imho.
Proportional representation finally makes sense to me - but you'd never get it through parliament where 75% are simply interested in self preservation
Honestly don't know who I'll vote for - just who I won't!
The fault of years of mismanagement do not lie in the voting system, the fault lies in the simple fact that successive governments are not interested in you or us. Politics today is not about doing better for people, it's about winning a battle against the other party.

Sunak and Starmer are not spending 100% of their energy trying to solve your problems but they should be. For the last few years they have only spent time working out how to win an election. Some on here like that because they're more interested in party politics than problem solving. You only have to turn on Parliament TV to see how they view us because none of the buggers are ever, and then they only come to vote because they're forced to.

Parliament is completely pointless and personally I'm sick of party politics. I'm more in favour of a technocratic government. In the COVID pandemic our health system was run by an economics graduate who had never worked in health, he was put there because he put his party first. That tells you why things go wrong.

No party leader for example wants a transport secretary who tells his/her government that their transport policy is bollocks but that's what's needed but it'll never happen. That's why the railways are broken. Starmer will follow as well, his transport secretary isn't a clued up ex-transport manager, she's an ex-insurance worker and trade unionist who has never worked in transport. What could possibly go wrong?

No SKY TV?

Poor kid, what a tough upbringing, there are tears in my eyes just thinking about poor little Rishi and the deprivation of a Winchester College education at £35,000 pa .

You can see why he doesn't give a shit about kids growing up in poverty when he has suffered so much himself.

Lol, Sky TV wasn't even around when he was a kid.

Agree circa 10% is not great but they seem to be doing a much better job of targeting winnable seats and not trying to fight Labour as a realistic alternative government. Last time out they ran a very poor campaign. This time its very focused and when you look at the seat predictions they are punching well above their weight.

Yep - after the election, I'm looking forward to the Greens campaigning side by side with Farage for PR.

Lol, Sky TV wasn't even around when he was a kid.

To be fair he was 8 years old when it began broadcasting but the uptake was quite slow PLUS amongst the "upwardly mobile" it was frowned upon. A big dish attached to the side of the house was deemed very unsightly and working class so what he is highlighting is not deprivation but snobbery

The state of the country is down to 30 years of mismanagement by successive government's imho.
Proportional representation finally makes sense to me - but you'd never get it through parliament where 75% are simply interested in self preservation
Honestly don't know who I'll vote for - just who I won't!
30 years? You're not including Thatcher who sold off all our stuff?

To be fair he was 8 years old when it began broadcasting but the uptake was quite slow PLUS amongst the "upwardly mobile" it was frowned upon. A big dish attached to the side of the house was deemed very unsightly and working class so what he is highlighting is not deprivation but snobbery
Rishys school fees were significantly more than the average cost of a house.

No sky TV my arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.