Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by ADegenerate, 21 Jul 2018.

1. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

Team supported:
    Manchester City is my team - until I fucking die.
    As I said - he damn near scored twice.

As for predictability - well, Robben, Sterling, Sane, etc. are very predictable too.

2. Churchlawtonblue

Churchlawtonblue

Do you think he played well out wide last night or against Rotherham when he came on?

3. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

Team supported:
    Manchester City is my team - until I fucking die.
    Didn't see the Rotherham match and have only watched the first half of Burton.

Yes - against Burton - he played well in the first half - had trouble with an over the head pass (those are hard to field) - but nearly scored twice.

4. The Fat el Hombre

The Fat el Hombre

I think his confidence is low but im really not a fan at this stage. Too predictable, often too greedy, decision making poor and does the wrong thing so many times. Also seems a complete coward. He's had a few moments and you could argue he's still settling in but considering his age I dont think he will get too long to prove himself and if he doesn't improve I'd be tempted to cut my losses at the end of the season if we can get someone decent in. Pressure of playing for City looks too much for him so far, but we live in hope. Time and plenty of games to turn it round yet

5. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Not specifically aimed at you but why is it assumed that any new purchase has to land running, and if they dont they are shit? Why not let new players have at least a season to bed in, particularly when having to adapt to a completely new system.

6. Easy

Easy

Excellent post.

7. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

He's a genius footballer, who is not quite fitting in as he, or anyone would like, makes a few too many wrong choices, but is still doing pretty well.

That could improve overnight at any time, & he could reach another level. He showed stuff against Burton, which is a bit different to our other forwards/mids, which is why he's here. If he replicated some of that, in the Prem, he would be right up there.

I expect he will get considerably better, but even that might not make him a first choice compared to Sterling & Sane, as they are two of the absolute best.

But that doesn't actually matter. He is different; a wild card who can be used as such. If he is 2nd choice & leaves in two years, it doesn't matter, provided he has given us something different, which he does. If he becomes a star in the team, great. If a kid or a new signing takes his place, great. Just play him on merit.

He's a great signing, already, imo. He just shouldn't have been given that pen.

Scottish Cityzen and aguero93:20 like this.
  8. St.Pauli support

St.Pauli support

A clear improvement was the 1-2 with David, getting behind the defence and chip the ball perfectly in
    with his weaker right foot for Jesus' header.

Nearly undefendable.

Neville Kneville likes this.
  9. Gorton_Tubster

Gorton_Tubster

Mahrez this year is like Sane or Bernardo in their first year. Lets see how good he becomes under Pep, I dont think any of our players recently have stepped straight into the first team as the finished article, it usually does take a bit of work from Pep

10. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Sorry mate, can't be doing with this common sense stuff

Scottish Cityzen likes this.