Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thread read. Im not saying it was mosside but a few posters were singing Mahrez's praises very highly before he joined and I recall one or possibly two saying He would fit right in. The problem is not Peps system it's a lack of confidence especially out wide. He should have taken the opportunity to stake his claim against Burton and demonstrate his abilities. Instead aside from a couple of skilful moments he was pretty average or worse and so predictable when trying to break down a team sitting deep defensively. He had a great season at Leicester possibly as they played on the counter that season they won the PL. He was clearly trying to come infield at any opportunity vs Burton. Not sure what the answer is, lack of confidence maybe. Hopefully pep can sort it out as £60 is a lot of money for a squad player.

I think £60 is very cheap to be fair.

Not a team player
how is he not a team player evrytime he get te ball he pass it to juses or sane (or the back ) i hate that about him
he at least was involved in 4 goals in the last game
i don't recall him holding the ball for more than 4 seconds i felt like he was playing basketball

Manchester-City-winger-Riyad-Mahrezs-stats-vs-Burton-Albion.jpg

Last edited:
At his current trajectory he's on to reach double figures for goals and assists. I'd say that's a very good return for a squad player who's been inconsistent for long patches of the season thus far.

If we paid about £10m I would agree with you.

Nobody pays £10m for anyone now though do they?

Wilson at Bournemouth being touted for £50m, the marketplace is wild now.

It makes what we paid for Sane, Sterling, Jesus etc look like peanuts.

I think Mahrez has done pretty well this season so far, and will continue to improve.

He looks like he is starting to feel like a part of the team/squad which is one of our biggest strengths, everyone plays for one another.

Mahrez is support to Sane and Sterling, they are both £120m + players.

Keep an open mind on him ;-)

If we paid about £10m I would agree with you.

Bournemouth just paid £18m plus add ons for Solanke , he's played six premier league games , admittedly Mahrez hasnt set the place on fire , but he doesnt look out of place in our team ,where as i wouldnt let Solanke put the cones out or carry the kit , £10m ? your talking bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.