Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice link up with Mendy in the second half, he might take a few games to get going but when he does he’ll be breath taking.

He showed glimpses of his ability today. Going to be some player for us.

Once he gets up to speed with the system and gets used to the players around him he will shine in this team.

Didn't look completely recovered from Injury but will be fire once he gets going.Need that goal to calm his nerves

Some good plays by him today, but I don't think he's fully settled in. Can't wait to see him in a few months.

He needs to up his work rate a bit but I'll cut him some slack as it's still essentially pre season. System relies on everyone putting on a meaningful press and he's a little too lackadasical in my view. He'll need to adjust to playing against defenses which are more packed in but you can see the class there. Will be exciting to see him more as it clicks in this system.

Might see him introduced quite slowly as he gets up to speed with the increase in quality, but second half of the season he'll come alive

I hoped for more but obviously going to take a little bit of time to build understanding and for things to gel to the highest level, which i think they will. The offside in the second half was really disappointing, and I think he's going to find he has to work a bit harder than he did at leicester, but I'm sure he will get there. You could see glimpses of what he will give us, e.g that flick to Aguero that Aguero didn't quite adjust to get out of the way of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.