Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll be best on the right playing his normal way. He's not likely to fire into the box to get tap ins but we generally work very hard to play in a manner that creates space on the opposite side of the pitch. The system is basically designed to possess the ball and eventually switch field to isolate a tricky winger onto a full back in a 1 v 1 situation. We often start our play down the left with Silva, make a lot of interplay searching for an attack, then flip it out to the fullback or Fernandinho and switch to the other side. In that moment, Mahrez should have space to take on a man and if he beats him create a lot of havoc. This is where Costa/Coman/Ribery/Robben were so difficult at Bayern, because in spite of having the ball so much the system was able to get them isolated in 1 v 1s in deep spaces. Not on the counter, mind you, so even when you beat the first man there's still a fair bit to do, but I imagine the intent on purchasing all these difficult to mark winger types is to recreate this flow of play.

I realise you're a fanboy but let's keep things realistic.Hes done ok so far,nothing like his best.

What? I just think he's having a good game. In the Community Cup, I didn't think he played well and I didn't claim that he did.

In the halftime break, the pundits seemed to have agreed.

And I never said he's having the game of his life, obviously I've seen him have better games

Last edited:
What? I just think he's having a good game. In the Community Cup, I didn't think he played well and I didn't claim that he did.

In the halftime break, the pundits seemed to have agreed.

And I never said he's having the game of his life, obviously I've seen him have better games
Cool,better :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.