Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A goal and two assists, he'll comfortably get double figures in both this season.

If he was that little bit more clinical he'd be scoring for fun. Lovely player.

Is getting better and better.

First touch is one of the best. Great finish with his weak foot. Amazing dribbling as well to create the first out of nowhere.

Has to start the derby for me. Sorry Leroy.

He's still in the incubation phase.

This is like Sané circa December 2016 and Bernardo the season before, where they start to play really well and cohesively, but there's so much more to come.

I think by January we'll be getting POTY quality performances from him.

He's still in the incubation phase.

This is like Sané circa December 2016 and Bernardo the season before, where they start to play really well and cohesively, but there's so much more to come.

I think by January we'll be getting POTY quality performances from him.

I think you're right. Him and Bernardo have no cohesion despite it looking like it does. They are constantly occupying each others space.

When it clicks, god love the opposition, because it's already too much for them.

It's hard to criticize as he's been excellent the last few games, but I get the sense that he is a tad bit selfish, and it must be annoying for the other players a bit. Hate to post this as he's overall been excellent, but at times, I think he can be a tad bit greedy.

I think you're right. Him and Bernardo have no cohesion despite it looking like it does. They are constantly occupying each others space.

When it clicks, god love the opposition, because it's already too much for them.
This is done on purpose!

In Pep's system we play fluid football, often you will see the CM go wide and winger come inside. You'll notice they almost never occupy the same vertical space, this is crucial to pep's system to exploit space.

Considering both players can play wide and inside very comfortably this dynamic suits them both. They both looked great today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.