Roberto publicly criticizing players...

a new manager every single season ? no ta, ive had enough of that shit thankyou.

That's the third player now he has publicy "critisied" out of three that has responded in find form.

Is it fair to say Billy that Roberto knows what he is doing in that respect? Four infact if i remember correctly he also did it to Micah Richards.

WNRH said:
That's the third player now he has publicy "critisied" out of three that has responded in find form.

Is it fair to say Billy that Roberto knows what he is doing in that respect? Four infact if i remember correctly he also did it to Micah Richards.

You'd be surprised at just how wrong you are...

Anyway, criticizing players publicly is classless IMO. Shows a distinct lack of respect and when the chips are down, those players will do fuck all for you...

BillyShears said:
WNRH said:

Anyway, criticizing players publicly is classless IMO. Shows a distinct lack of respect and when the chips are down, those players will do fuck all for you...

Not really, for one it is not critizing in the way you are percieving it, he isn't saying they are shit, or they played awful, all he has ever said is that they need to improve, need to work hard and need to perform better. Putting that out in the public to ego's like Balotelli, Johnson and Richards is more productive then putting your arm around them and calling them mate. That's not to say it works for all players as it doesn't, your mate would crumble under any public criticism from his manager, what he needs to is be made to feel like a £100m player, tell him he is great, tell him what he can do, tell him you beleive in him as they lack the self confidence to really showcase their talent. You think if Mancini or any other manager said to Balotelli, Johnson and Richards how great they were that it would make them play any better? Of course it wouldn't, their answer would be "tell me something i don't know". The key thing is how to distinguish what treatment you give to players when they need lifting and that is what sets the good managers from the bad ones.

WNRH said:
Not really, for one it is not critizing in the way you are percieving it, he isn't saying they are shit, or they played awful, all he has ever said is that they need to improve, need to work hard and need to perform better.

Nail>head

WNRH said:
BillyShears said:

Not really, for one it is not critizing in the way you are percieving it, he isn't saying they are shit, or they played awful, all he has ever said is that they need to improve, need to work hard and need to perform better. Putting that out in the public to ego's like Balotelli, Johnson and Richards is more productive then putting your arm around them and calling them mate. That's not to say it works for all players as it doesn't, your mate would crumble under any public criticism from his manager, what he needs to is be made to feel like a £100m player, tell him he is great, tell him what he can do, tell him you beleive in him as they lack the self confidence to really showcase their talent. You think if Mancini or any other manager said to Balotelli, Johnson and Richards how great they were that it would make them play any better? Of course it wouldn't, their answer would be "tell me something i don't know". The key thing is how to distinguish what treatment you give to players when they need lifting and that is what sets the good managers from the bad ones.

So why criticize Dzeko two minutes after he's arrived at the club? This the player who the week before he arrived had Mancini saying "he can be the difference between us winning the league"...or words to that effect...

Mancini is making enemies and burning bridges all over the shop and the as I said the other day - it'll all come out in the wash...

BillyShears said:
WNRH said:

So why criticize Dzeko two minutes after he's arrived at the club? This the player who the week before he arrived had Mancini saying "he can be the difference between us winning the league"...or words to that effect...

Mancini is making enemies and burning bridges all over the shop and the as I said the other day - it'll all come out in the wash...

Again you are making another mountain out of a molehill and perceiving it as criticism when it is not. Let's just recap what he actually said -

"I expect more for Dzeko - he needs to improve," said Dzeko. "He is a good player.

"I think he has the same difficulty as (Fernando) Torres at Chelsea because when you arrive in January you don't know your team-mates, it is not easy.

"He can change in every game. It is important that he improves very quickly. We should cross the ball more to him."

Now for one that is not criticism and two, that is hardly the ingredientsfor making enemies is it?

and finally, he said this on Wednesday 16th February. On Sunday 20th February he scored 1 goal, on Thursday 24th February he scored 2 goals.

Do i really need to say anymore than that?

BillyShears said:
WNRH said:

He said Dzeko needs to improve and adapt quicker to the league. Still doesnt change his opinion on his talent.. He is just stating the fact which is right for both the team and Dzeko.

And as you already know most fans aint prepared to give him the needed time to bed in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.