robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: robin van persie

OB1 said:
Marvin said:
BobbyQ90 said:
Or just the opposite. Maybe he understands the fact that a striker is far from what we need and Van Persie has had 1 full season without injury and that we already have two strikers (Tevez, Aguero) who are the same type of players. Plus he's 28 going to be 29 at the beginning of the season. There is no point in buying Robin Van Persie.
Exactly my feelings. We might be targeting some outstanding players, but I wonder whether these players are better than what we have. So far the players we are in for, do not represent a step forward unlike previous transfer windows.

As the team improves each year, it's natural that it will get harder to improve on what we have. I wish we would sit tight and wait, if necessary for the whole season, rather than bidding for the best player at any particular moment in time. There's no rush any more.

Last season Barca as far as I an remember bought 1 player. Why should we bid right left and centre for players that don't add anything to us, (and arguably would weaken us as it would mean departures)

Barca were arguably the greatest club side ever; City are inarguably not the greatest club side ever but with serious aspirations to at least become the best side in the world. Therefore we need to strengthen. RvP for Dzeko, for example, would improve us - it's that simple.
How would it? Dzeko was on the bench. Tevez and Aguero start, and if we need to change it better to have a different type of striker coming on.

Until now, I didn't want us to go for RVP because other than last season, his fitness record was shite. But someone said he knows how to look after himself better than he once did and there's no reason to suppose this will change. If that's true, I would love us to get him. Just don't want another RSC on our hands but perhaps it's not the same thing. He isn't particularly young but he's probably still got three or four very good seasons in him. I am warming to the idea.

We have to back Bobby's Judgement on this signing.

carlos92 said:
Exactly. If mancini thinks RVP is the right signing then we have to trust him on this. Not as if we're signing a shit player is it FFS!

Marvin said:
OB1 said:
Marvin said:
Exactly my feelings. We might be targeting some outstanding players, but I wonder whether these players are better than what we have. So far the players we are in for, do not represent a step forward unlike previous transfer windows.

As the team improves each year, it's natural that it will get harder to improve on what we have. I wish we would sit tight and wait, if necessary for the whole season, rather than bidding for the best player at any particular moment in time. There's no rush any more.

Last season Barca as far as I an remember bought 1 player. Why should we bid right left and centre for players that don't add anything to us, (and arguably would weaken us as it would mean departures)

Barca were arguably the greatest club side ever; City are inarguably not the greatest club side ever but with serious aspirations to at least become the best side in the world. Therefore we need to strengthen. RvP for Dzeko, for example, would improve us - it's that simple.
How would it? Dzeko was on the bench. Tevez and Aguero start, and if we need to change it better to have a different type of striker coming on.

It would improve the overall quality of the squad as RvP is a better player than Dzeko and, on current form, better than Tevez so it might be Tevez on the bench. However, that isn't so important in this equation: Dzeko is the least talented of the four main strikers City have so replacing him with a better player improves the squad and it's a squad game where rotation is important.

Neville Kneville said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
carlos92 said:
Exactly. If mancini thinks RVP is the right signing then we have to trust him on this. Not as if we're signing a shit player is it FFS!

I'll back his judgement but I'd prefer he'd judge it differently.

So would I but RvP would improve the squad, assuming he replaces a player that is not better than him...

Neville Kneville said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
carlos92 said:

I'll back his judgement but I'd prefer he'd judge it differently.

Even if he was interested in signing Emile Heskey I still back him, though I would think he was going a bit insane and would not be at the club for long.

294944_365830313480661_1825648842_n.jpg

Marvin said:
It would improve the overall quality of the squad as RvP is a better player than Dzeko and, on current form, better than Tevez so it might be Tevez on the bench. However, that isn't so important in this equation: Dzeko is the least talented of the four main strikers City have so replacing him with a better player improves the squad and it's a squad game where rotation is important.

It's hard to see how the current attack could be improved without signing a really top player e.g. Messi, Ronaldo, Robben. Defensively a player like Thiago Silva, and M'Vila & Martinez for midfield is the only realistic way the squad could be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.