robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if frimpong will run his big fat gob on twitter at van persie just like he did when nasri left

i8rags said:
TonyM said:
What hope? People differ in opinion in the real world. It's ok. No need for panic.
Yeah the panic must be bursting out of my posts. The official best player and top scorer in England last season is not wanted by 75% according to you. I think it's you that's panicking we might replace an ass with class.

Or youth & improvement with age & injury. It is a gamble.

If he did sign for City & was a success for the length of his contract, it would mean he has done more for us than in seven years at Arsenal.

Instead of being smartarses & putting down others as idiots, people should consider the reality of this rather than just the dream. It's not a given, that we get 30 goal Van Persie, we could get injured, waste of money Van Persie.

If we get last year's player, we have improved the squad. If however we lose Tevez or Dzeko & get the player Arsenal have had for most of his career, we weaken the squad hugely & possibly enough to cost us trophies.

Neville Kneville said:
i8rags said:
TonyM said:
What hope? People differ in opinion in the real world. It's ok. No need for panic.
Yeah the panic must be bursting out of my posts. The official best player and top scorer in England last season is not wanted by 75% according to you. I think it's you that's panicking we might replace an ass with class.

If he did sign for City & was a success for the length of his contract, it would mean he has done more for us than in seven years at Arsenal.

Instead of being smartarses & putting down others as idiots, people should consider the reality of this rather than just the dream. It's not a given, that we get 30 goal Van Persie, we could get injured, waste of money Van Persie.

If we get last year's player, we have improved the squad. If however we lose Tevez or Dzeko & get the player Arsenal have had for most of his career, we weaken the squad hugely & possibly enough to cost us trophies.

Absolutely agree - one decent season in 8 - pretty poor injury record to boot

Would break the bank for Cavani.

Just dont get the RyP hype - we need consistent performers because that is what wins trophies not flash in the pan season wonders - on his day a quality player but how many of those days will we get

Still think he will go to Barca

Neville Kneville said:
i8rags said:
TonyM said:

we played without tevez all season,bar a few games at the end!! with any transfer there is a gamble.........homesickness,injury,style of play,personalities etc etc......City are a well run club(khaldoon interviews) we know what we are doing,if van persie does sign(i expect him to do so) everything else will be in place to move somebody on!! City are the champions,we need to improve again domestically and in the champs league....how do we do this? get a couple of better players than we already have,is van persie better than dzeko,answer yes!! a non committed tevez,answer yes,at this moment balotelli,answer yes!! sergio.....mmmm close!! if he got inj(god forbid) we have equal quality!!! this is a no brainer.....if we have chance to sign RVP me must do so!

I'm on the fence about the actual signing however what frustrates me is the rumoured wage offer we will make for him.

How much does he earn at Arsenal? About 80-100k per week? Why do we need to come in at the 200k+ mark? If he wants to play for us and actually win something we should offer him the same as everyone else.

I understand that we want to see off the competition with our financial power but I don't deem this guy as an essential purchase. We already have the best attack in the league and with Tevez seemingly back on side it's only going to get better.

dctid said:
Neville Kneville said:
i8rags said:

Just dont get the RyP hype - we need consistent performers because that is what wins trophies not flash in the pan season wonders - on his day a quality player but how many of those days will we get

I don't think City is nailed on.

I would imagine we will make a statement distancing ourselves from this if we're not in for him though.

I'm gonna say it everyday until he signs for us, he created 92 chances last season imagine adding that to our attacking play, fucking awesome !

Neville Kneville said:
dctid said:
Neville Kneville said:

I would imagine we will make a statement distancing ourselves from this if we're not in for him though.

Why would we, we didn't with Hazard.

allan harper said:
Neville Kneville said:
dctid said:

Why would we, we didn't with Hazard.

Because, rightly or wrongly, this is much bigger news which is going to go on & on & on unless it gets resolved & we will get more & more shit stirring about players leaving to make way.

If we're not interested, Bob will say something imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.