robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think Real will go for him. Offload a fringe player and a few quid in the process. RVP gets a dream move and Arsenal make sure he's not sold to a 'prem rival'.

Seen death threats on his Twitter account. Crazy!

Hoping for Cavani to be honest. I see this signing being a very risky one. Expensive wages, injury prone and a PR disaster.

Anyone say early morning WUM'ing?

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/lMattHurst" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/lMattHurst</a>

MCFC-alan88 said:
robbieh said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
You're assuming that Barca actually want him, and in all honesty they don't need a striker in his mold. Messi is always going to play as the main man for goals, what they want are inside forwards, RVP isn't one.

Christ, they even put David Villa on the wings!

That's the point neither do we. Kun is our Messi, anything that could disrupt Kun's development is a complete non-starter.

Van Persie could well end up playing wide for us too.

Balotelli and Tevez are fantastic back up for Kun.

Our problems on the field lie elsewhere not upfront.

I never said we do need him, in fact I don't want him here. But you have to look at the other side, we've got a striker in Tevez who has let us down severely in the past that IMO, needs to be gone ASAP to ensure that the same situation never occurs again.

Agree about Tevez, but even if we offed him, we still have three top line strikers. With Nasri and Silva able to play off a front man in case of an injury crisis.

No club that I know of has three top line strikers apart from us let a lone four.

Been bobbys number one target since January! He wants him and Rvp wants us!! Doesn't want to play abroad as the family love life in England. As we all know the board at arse want money and wenger will not be allowed to keep him for his final season! Surely people can't be blind in the fact that the arse have bought 2 new strikers??? Any reason why they bought these 2 and then rvp confirms he wants out?

robbieh said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
robbieh said:
That's the point neither do we. Kun is our Messi, anything that could disrupt Kun's development is a complete non-starter.

I never said we do need him, in fact I don't want him here. But you have to look at the other side, we've got a striker in Tevez who has let us down severely in the past that IMO, needs to be gone ASAP to ensure that the same situation never occurs again.

Agree about Tevez, but even if we offed him, we still have three top line strikers. With Nasri and Silva able to play off a front man in case of an injury crisis.

No club that I know of has three top line strikers apart from us let a lone four.[/quote]

And hence the reason we were top PL scorers.

robbieh said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
robbieh said:

No club that I know of has three top line strikers apart from us let a lone four.

For what it's worth, I think Pedro would answer all of our problems but it all comes down to whether 1. He's a target 2. Barca would sell him 3. He would leave Barca. 4. He'd want to come to Manchester.

Signing RVP would be a brilliant piece of business.

It's not about whether our strike force is a 'problem' it's about bringing in better players than what we already have.

RVP is better than both Dzeko & Balotelli. Anyone who thinks he's a one season wonder simply doesn't understand the game or how to interpret statistics.

Neville Kneville said:
EalingBlue2 said:
I wish the one good season in 8 crap was stopped it is a myth

In the last 4 seasons he has averaged 39 games played and 23 scored that is pretty much fine and even over 8 seasons he has averaged 36 games and 17 goals that is not a one cseason wonder in the slightest 40 games and 20 goals would be great for City!

His goalscoring rate has improved as he is a different player now than he was when he started and plays a different role for the team!

His strike rate over 8 seasons shows this and shows his consistent improvement in pct terms his strike rate over 8 seasons is
24, 29, 42, 39, 45, 50, 67, 77

So by all means it is fine to not want him because you dont like him but don't come out with the lazy arguments like one season wonder as it isn't true he had played a compatible number of games to most prem strikers, has shown consistent improvement and is world class

It's not crap at all. Have a look t the comments of Arsenal fans & they all talk about the club 'sticking with him' through years of being injury prone & how he's only given them one proper season. They were saying this well before he turned down the contract too, so it's not sour grapes.

Didn't we do exactly the same with Wanchope? At least he gave us a life saving goal (v Newcastle I think) before he fooked off

robbieh said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
robbieh said:

Can you remember when Tevez went walkies and Balo was injuredand results were slipping?

RVP buys and sells Dzeko, not matter how much I like Edin its fact. RVP could play with Balo, Tevez and Sergio and would compliment all of them. I personally think we need top strikers and a few of them as we will go out and try to win everything there is. Wing and CB are priorities for additions but its fairly obvious we have been moving for months with this. RVP single handedly won games for Arsenal and with us he is a mere compliment to what we have.

We arent a normal team, we are City. The future dominant force in English football. Feels amazing.

richards30 said:
Been bobbys number one target since January! He wants him and Rvp wants us!! Doesn't want to play abroad as the family love life in England. As we all know the board at arse want money and wenger will not be allowed to keep him for his final season! Surely people can't be blind in the fact that the arse have bought 2 new strikers??? Any reason why they bought these 2 and then rvp confirms he wants out?

Obviously Arsenal knew he wanted to leave but it is a huge leap to say he's coming to us.

Balo, Edin, Carlos , Kun. Has anyone got a better balanced collection?

The great thing is that Tevez can fill in for Silva, Nasri. Edin will get plenty of games as Mario gets suspended occasionally and when Kun needs a break.

Buying RVP changes the dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.