robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the one good season in 8 crap was stopped it is a myth

In the last 4 seasons he has averaged 39 games played and 23 scored that is pretty much fine and even over 8 seasons he has averaged 36 games and 17 goals that is not a one cseason wonder in the slightest 40 games and 20 goals would be great for City!

His goalscoring rate has improved as he is a different player now than he was when he started and plays a different role for the team!

His strike rate over 8 seasons shows this and shows his consistent improvement in pct terms his strike rate over 8 seasons is
24, 29, 42, 39, 45, 50, 67, 77

So by all means it is fine to not want him because you dont like him but don't come out with the lazy arguments like one season wonder as it isn't true he had played a compatible number of games to most prem strikers, has shown consistent improvement and is world class

Apologies if posted.

Manchester City are on Blue alert after Robin van Persie turned down the new deal intended to keep him at Arsenal.

Roberto Mancini has made the Dutchman, who topped the Premier League goalscoring charts last season, his number one target this summer.

City hope to land him for a cut-price £20million, as van Persie only has one year left on his existing deal and could walk away on a free transfer if he stayed at the Gunners until next summer.

In a brief statement on his official website, the 28-year-old striker said: “I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.”

But before making any move, City will have to offload at least one of their stars with Edin Dzeko – a target for Bayern Munich – the most likely departure.

City are also expected to face stiff competition for van Persie’s signature, with reports in Italy suggesting Juventus having already prepared an £8million offer to start the bidding.

United may join the bidding with boss Sir Alex Ferguson a long-time admirer of van Persie.

M.E.N.

RossiBenayoun said:
I'm on the fence about the actual signing however what frustrates me is the rumoured wage offer we will make for him.

How much does he earn at Arsenal? About 80-100k per week? Why do we need to come in at the 200k+ mark? If he wants to play for us and actually win something we should offer him the same as everyone else.

I understand that we want to see off the competition with our financial power but I don't deem this guy as an essential purchase. We already have the best attack in the league and with Tevez seemingly back on side it's only going to get better.

'Cos Barca is still a better option for a player than MCFC even when on better money at Beswick!

Has anyone considered that he might stay at Arsenal and then leave on a free to Barca or Madrid.

After 8 years in England I reckon La Liga might be more of a pull.

Putting aside our love of City what would you do? He's not english, playing alongside Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas et al might be quite tempting.

EalingBlue2 said:
I wish the one good season in 8 crap was stopped it is a myth

In the last 4 seasons he has averaged 39 games played and 23 scored that is pretty much fine and even over 8 seasons he has averaged 36 games and 17 goals that is not a one cseason wonder in the slightest 40 games and 20 goals would be great for City!

His goalscoring rate has improved as he is a different player now than he was when he started and plays a different role for the team!

His strike rate over 8 seasons shows this and shows his consistent improvement in pct terms his strike rate over 8 seasons is
24, 29, 42, 39, 45, 50, 67, 77

So by all means it is fine to not want him because you dont like him but don't come out with the lazy arguments like one season wonder as it isn't true he had played a compatible number of games to most prem strikers, has shown consistent improvement and is world class

It's not crap at all. Have a look t the comments of Arsenal fans & they all talk about the club 'sticking with him' through years of being injury prone & how he's only given them one proper season. They were saying this well before he turned down the contract too, so it's not sour grapes.

robbieh said:
Has anyone considered that he might stay at Arsenal and then leave on a free to Barca or Madrid.

Putting aside our love of City what would you do? He's not english, playing alongside Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas et al might be quite tempting.

You're assuming that Barca actually want him, and in all honesty they don't need a striker in his mold. Messi is always going to play as the main man for goals, what they want are inside forwards, RVP isn't one.

Christ, they even put David Villa on the wings!

robbieh said:

Arsenal need to sell him imo.

Keeping him there would be stupid.

IPADGRAPHICRobinvanPersieoptastats_2790097.jpg

MCFC-alan88 said:
robbieh said:

You're assuming that Barca actually want him, and in all honesty they don't need a striker in his mold. Messi is always going to play as the main man for goals, what they want are inside forwards, RVP isn't one.

That's the point neither do we. Kun is our Messi, anything that could disrupt Kun's development is a complete non-starter.

Van Persie could well end up playing wide for us too.

Balotelli and Tevez are fantastic back up for Kun.

Our problems on the field lie elsewhere not upfront.

robbieh said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
robbieh said:

That's the point neither do we. Kun is our Messi, anything that could disrupt Kun's development is a complete non-starter.

Van Persie could well end up playing wide for us too.

Balotelli and Tevez are fantastic back up for Kun.

Our problems on the field lie elsewhere not upfront.

I never said we do need him, in fact I don't want him here. But you have to look at the other side, we've got a striker in Tevez who has let us down severely in the past that IMO, needs to be gone ASAP to ensure that the same situation never occurs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.