robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SharstonBlue said:
IPADGRAPHICRobinvanPersieoptastats_2790097.jpg

So in the last four seasons he's averaged around 27 games?!

I'm more interesting for him to come for his champions league experience plus we wont be forced to play him every game because of our squad!

Neville Kneville said:
i8rags said:
TonyM said:
What hope? People differ in opinion in the real world. It's ok. No need for panic.
Yeah the panic must be bursting out of my posts. The official best player and top scorer in England last season is not wanted by 75% according to you. I think it's you that's panicking we might replace an ass with class.

Or youth & improvement with age & injury. It is a gamble.

If he did sign for City & was a success for the length of his contract, it would mean he has done more for us than in seven years at Arsenal.

Instead of being smartarses & putting down others as idiots, people should consider the reality of this rather than just the dream. It's not a given, that we get 30 goal Van Persie, we could get injured, waste of money Van Persie.

If we get last year's player, we have improved the squad. If however we lose Tevez or Dzeko & get the player Arsenal have had for most of his career, we weaken the squad hugely & possibly enough to cost us trophies.

It's not a given, that we get 30 goal Van Persie, we could get injured, waste of money Van Persie.

fair point but this could happen with any transfer we make. Risk is part of the game.

Neville Kneville said:
EalingBlue2 said:
I wish the one good season in 8 crap was stopped it is a myth

In the last 4 seasons he has averaged 39 games played and 23 scored that is pretty much fine and even over 8 seasons he has averaged 36 games and 17 goals that is not a one cseason wonder in the slightest 40 games and 20 goals would be great for City!

His goalscoring rate has improved as he is a different player now than he was when he started and plays a different role for the team!

His strike rate over 8 seasons shows this and shows his consistent improvement in pct terms his strike rate over 8 seasons is
24, 29, 42, 39, 45, 50, 67, 77

So by all means it is fine to not want him because you dont like him but don't come out with the lazy arguments like one season wonder as it isn't true he had played a compatible number of games to most prem strikers, has shown consistent improvement and is world class

It's not crap at all. Have a look t the comments of Arsenal fans & they all talk about the club 'sticking with him' through years of being injury prone & how he's only given them one proper season. They were saying this well before he turned down the contract too, so it's not sour grapes.

So what? So some Gooner fans don't know what they're talking about. Big deal. Some City fans DO know what they're talking about. And EalingBlue2 is one of them.

His injury record has improved he plays a different role and in a different way and it is not the issue it was 27 averaged in prem another 10 in Europe and that is plenty enough!

Just hope to god we are not stupid enough to still have tevez in aug - would be the worst move since the captain of the titanic popped downstairs for a slash!

Stoned Rose said:
Neville Kneville said:
i8rags said:
Yeah the panic must be bursting out of my posts. The official best player and top scorer in England last season is not wanted by 75% according to you. I think it's you that's panicking we might replace an ass with class.

If he did sign for City & was a success for the length of his contract, it would mean he has done more for us than in seven years at Arsenal.

Instead of being smartarses & putting down others as idiots, people should consider the reality of this rather than just the dream. It's not a given, that we get 30 goal Van Persie, we could get injured, waste of money Van Persie.

If we get last year's player, we have improved the squad. If however we lose Tevez or Dzeko & get the player Arsenal have had for most of his career, we weaken the squad hugely & possibly enough to cost us trophies.

It's not a given, that we get 30 goal Van Persie, we could get injured, waste of money Van Persie.

fair point but this could happen with any transfer we make. Risk is part of the game.

True but if we sign a player with a terrible injury record who is 29 years old, would anybody be surprised if he gets injured & misses most of the season?

Look at how many games he's started in that list above. When you consider he's a guaranteed starter most of the time if fit, that means he's fit for an average of about 15 games per season. Then consider how many of those starts he's just coming back from injury & not fully match fit, or has an injury & is about to break down.

Tevez made 14 appearences last season & people are saying he was absent.

This bloke has been absent for most of his career.

Stoned Rose said:
[It's not a given, that we get 30 goal Van Persie, we could get injured, waste of money Van Persie.

Sure, true, but that's basically a non-point, isn't it? The key question is what is the likelihood of injury/waste of money (when compared to other options both in terms of what we already have, and what we could buy instead) - i.e. what is the risk, and what is the upside. The question is, what is the expected value of van Persie? Given his history and age, injury (and therefore waste of money) are quite likely; more likely than for any of the other strikers we already possess, which is basically what people are saying.

The point is not that injury could happen. It's that it's more likely to happen than compared with other options.

EalingBlue2 said:
His injury record has improved he plays a different role and in a different way and it is not the issue it was 27 averaged in prem another 10 in Europe and that is plenty enough!

Just hope to god we are not stupid enough to still have tevez in aug - would be the worst move since the captain of the titanic popped downstairs for a slash!

The average you are using is weighted by the fact he played almost a full season last time & is not a genuine average. That is fine if you can guarantee that last season was not a one off. Can you ?

Neville Kneville said:
Stoned Rose said:
Neville Kneville said:

True but if we sign a player with a terrible injury record who is 29 years old, would anybody be surprised if he gets injured & misses most of the season?

Look at how many games he's started in that list above. When you consider he's a guaranteed starter most of the time if fit, that means he's fit for an average of about 15 games per season. Then consider how many of those starts he's just coming back from injury & not fully match fit, or has an injury & is about to break down.

Tevez made 14 appearences last season & people are saying he was absent.

This bloke has been absent for most of his career.

Well said. Some common sense at last.

If we are in the market for a striker and it's a big if then Cavani and Falcao are both much better options.

If we bought Cavani, offload Edin, if Falcao offload Tevez.

robbieh said:
richards30 said:
Been bobbys number one target since January! He wants him and Rvp wants us!! Doesn't want to play abroad as the family love life in England. As we all know the board at arse want money and wenger will not be allowed to keep him for his final season! Surely people can't be blind in the fact that the arse have bought 2 new strikers??? Any reason why they bought these 2 and then rvp confirms he wants out?

Obviously Arsenal knew he wanted to leave but it is a huge leap to say he's coming to us.

Balo, Edin, Carlos , Kun. Has anyone got a better balanced collection?

The great thing is that Tevez can fill in for Silva, Nasri. Edin will get plenty of games as Mario gets suspended occasionally and when Kun needs a break.

Buying RVP changes the dynamic.
Both Carlos and bobby want him out mate. The nice hugs pats on the back etc are all for show! Carlos pissed the sheikh off more than anyone and both sides are trying to sort a deal to get him out ASAP. It's been common knowledge and was confirmed by rvp agent that he met with us in march I think it was? I hear the odd stuff from the arsenal end ( as I did with the nasri deal) and he wants us and we want him! The only way we won't get him is if the arse sell him to someone else for less money to spite us for the nasri signing. For what it's worth, I think rvp would be dynamite in our team and would score more than last season! Trust the manager and the board lads, we are extremely lucky to be having debates like this!! :-)<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:32 am --<br /><br />
jlc09 said:
Would rather sell him abroad in all honesty.
Tough! Again why oh why does your club let contracts run down mate??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.