robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jlc09 said:
Would rather sell him abroad in all honesty.
I said he'd go didn't I mate? Could see it miles off. You need Usmanov in asap. Spurs on the up with takeover, Chelsea strengthening and City and United at the top. Days of top 4 will be over if ambition isn't shown.

richards30 said:
robbieh said:
richards30 said:
Been bobbys number one target since January! He wants him and Rvp wants us!! Doesn't want to play abroad as the family love life in England. As we all know the board at arse want money and wenger will not be allowed to keep him for his final season! Surely people can't be blind in the fact that the arse have bought 2 new strikers??? Any reason why they bought these 2 and then rvp confirms he wants out?

Obviously Arsenal knew he wanted to leave but it is a huge leap to say he's coming to us.

Balo, Edin, Carlos , Kun. Has anyone got a better balanced collection?

The great thing is that Tevez can fill in for Silva, Nasri. Edin will get plenty of games as Mario gets suspended occasionally and when Kun needs a break.

Buying RVP changes the dynamic.
Both Carlos and bobby want him out mate. The nice hugs pats on the back etc are all for show! Carlos pissed the sheikh off more than anyone and both sides are trying to sort a deal to get him out ASAP. It's been common knowledge and was confirmed by rvp agent that he met with us in march I think it was? I hear the odd stuff from the arsenal end ( as I did with the nasri deal) and he wants us and we want him! The only way we won't get him is if the arse sell him to someone else for less money to spite us for the nasri signing. For what it's worth, I think rvp would be dynamite in our team and would score more than last season! Trust the manager and the board lads, we are extremely lucky to be having debates like this!! :-)

Tbh, trusting the manager doesn't come into it.

It's trusting whether Van Persie will stay fit or not & even Mancini doesn't have the power to decide that.

Let's just hope he stays fit.

How are they better options ? They have never played in PL so it is impossible to say they will be a success. With RVP what you can say is - if fit he scores and gives assists.

He would be a decent addition to the squad, but on our terms.

What exactly were his injuries. I was always under the interpretation that they were breaks and tears. Not jiggles from back injuries or knee problems.

Neville Kneville said:
richards30 said:
robbieh said:
Obviously Arsenal knew he wanted to leave but it is a huge leap to say he's coming to us.

The great thing is that Tevez can fill in for Silva, Nasri. Edin will get plenty of games as Mario gets suspended occasionally and when Kun needs a break.

Both Carlos and bobby want him out mate. The nice hugs pats on the back etc are all for show! Carlos pissed the sheikh off more than anyone and both sides are trying to sort a deal to get him out ASAP. It's been common knowledge and was confirmed by rvp agent that he met with us in march I think it was? I hear the odd stuff from the arsenal end ( as I did with the nasri deal) and he wants us and we want him! The only way we won't get him is if the arse sell him to someone else for less money to spite us for the nasri signing. For what it's worth, I think rvp would be dynamite in our team and would score more than last season! Trust the manager and the board lads, we are extremely lucky to be having debates like this!! :-)

It's trusting whether Van Persie will stay fit or not & even Mancini doesn't have the power to decide that.

But any player could get a serious injury at any point bud? It's a chance that clubs take with all players of all ages?!? 26 year olds are having bloody heart attacks nowadays so it's always a risk. If Rvp gets a 4 year deal and we win the premiership a couple more times and hopefully the champs league and he scores a shit load of goals his fee and wages will be irrelevant! Wonderfully talented natural footballer! Welcome him with open arms and watch him fly! (hopefully!! ;-))

Neville Kneville said:
richards30 said:
robbieh said:

It's trusting whether Van Persie will stay fit or not & even Mancini doesn't have the power to decide that

Tbh that's tripe, trust the manager to play him in rotation and rest all the forwards equally, should enable city to keep them at peak condition without burnout. That is the managers job and his power can control the fitness of RvP.

alky313 said:
What exactly were his injuries. I was always under the interpretation that they were breaks and tears. Not jiggles from back injuries or knee problems.

Metatarsals, ankle. Usually injuries from tackles rather than chronic knee or muscle problems.

He's looked as fit and strong as I've ever seen him in the last 18 months injury free, and has taken alot of tackles this season. Could be over them now.

i8rags said:
Neville Kneville said:
richards30 said:

It's trusting whether Van Persie will stay fit or not & even Mancini doesn't have the power to decide that

Tbh that's tripe, trust the manager to play him in rotation and rest all the forwards equally, should enable city to keep them at peak condition without burnout. That is the managers job and his power can control the fitness of RvP.

Dear me.

I'll say one thing for free: I'm glad Mancini is managing the club...and not some of the posters on here.

1) We won the title on Goal Difference...and needed late escapes along the way vs Spurs / Chelsea / Sunderland / QPR at home to pick up vital points.
Reason: we were sometimes a bit wasteful in front of goal or struggled to break down an organised defence.

Van Persie is both a quality finisher + CREATOR of chances...that will make us more ruthless in front of goal...+ he knows PL + CL inside out.

2) Clubs have to live + deal in the real world...where "preferred" options such as Cavani / Falcao / Ibra whatever may simply be out of reach (even for us).
For us not to consider signing last year's top PL scorer + Player of the Year...at a "realistic" price would be crazy.

3) Who knows what the real situation is with Tevez / Dzeko etc...and Mancini may be prudently planning on one or both not being here next season.

4) He is left-footed (unlike all our current striking options) and offers different tactical options / poses different challenges to defenders etc.

He may not be the most likeable of characters...but if we sign him, I can't imagine too many teams liking the prospect of facing RVP + Aguero up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.