robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville Kneville said:
Stoned Rose said:
Neville Kneville said:
Or youth & improvement with age & injury. It is a gamble.

If he did sign for City & was a success for the length of his contract, it would mean he has done more for us than in seven years at Arsenal.

Instead of being smartarses & putting down others as idiots, people should consider the reality of this rather than just the dream. It's not a given, that we get 30 goal Van Persie, we could get injured, waste of money Van Persie.

If we get last year's player, we have improved the squad. If however we lose Tevez or Dzeko & get the player Arsenal have had for most of his career, we weaken the squad hugely & possibly enough to cost us trophies.

It's not a given, that we get 30 goal Van Persie, we could get injured, waste of money Van Persie.

fair point but this could happen with any transfer we make. Risk is part of the game.

True but if we sign a player with a terrible injury record who is 29 years old, would anybody be surprised if he gets injured & misses most of the season?

Look at how many games he's started in that list above. When you consider he's a guaranteed starter most of the time if fit, that means he's fit for an average of about 15 games per season. Then consider how many of those starts he's just coming back from injury & not fully match fit, or has an injury & is about to break down.

Tevez made 14 appearences last season & people are saying he was absent.

This bloke has been absent for most of his career.

Have you deliberately forgotten our goalkeeper a certain Stewart Taylor ??

SharstonBlue said:
IPADGRAPHICRobinvanPersieoptastats_2790097.jpg

Far too injury prone. Too old. No transfer fee when he leaves.

Break the bank for Edinson Cavani would be my choice. 25 and everything we don't currently have.

Ealing: I don't know where you got your figures from. They are so wrong as the Sky post from SharstonBlue shows.

Scooby Blue said:
I'll say one thing for free: I'm glad Mancini is managing the club...and not some of the posters on here.

1) We won the title on Goal Difference...and needed late escapes along the way vs Spurs / Chelsea / Sunderland / QPR at home to pick up vital points.
Reason: we were sometimes a bit wasteful in front of goal or struggled to break down an organised defence.

Van Persie is both a quality finisher + CREATOR of chances...that will make us more ruthless in front of goal...+ he knows PL + CL inside out.

2) Clubs have to live + deal in the real world...where "preferred" options such as Cavani / Falcao / Ibra whatever may simply be out of reach (even for us).
For us not to consider signing last year's top PL scorer + Player of the Year...at a "realistic" price would be crazy.

3) Who knows what the real situation is with Tevez / Dzeko etc...and Mancini may be prudently planning on one or both not being here next season.

4) He is left-footed (unlike all our current striking options) and offers different tactical options / poses different challenges to defenders etc.

He may not be the most likeable of characters...but if we sign him, I can't imagine too many teams liking the prospect of facing RVP + Aguero up front.

Have you actually read any of the posts ?

You're not getting Falcao unless you want to spend 35/40m on him, not forgetting RVP is better anyway although yes - older and dodgy record in the past with injuries.

Cavani would be a good option too, won't score as many as Van Persie next season though.

Time to strike quickly now! No use to the arse to drag this out?! Bang a £15m offer in ASAP! Neither of us need this dragged out!

NipHolmes said:
jlc09 said:
Would rather sell him abroad in all honesty.
I said he'd go didn't I mate? Could see it miles off. You need Usmanov in asap. Spurs on the up with takeover, Chelsea strengthening and City and United at the top. Days of top 4 will be over if ambition isn't shown.
Have spurs been taken over ?

BlueAnorak said:
SharstonBlue said:

Far too injury prone. Too old. No transfer fee when he leaves.

Break the bank for Edinson Cavani would be my choice. 25 and everything we don't currently have.

Ealing: I don't know where you got your figures from. They are so wrong as the Sky post from SharstonBlue shows.

So you keep saying !!

Some people need to give there head a wobble. Can not believe a few are not wanting RVP, the guys a great buy.

Its almost like children not getting there sweets at the shop! grow some fucking balls guys, you are embarrassing yourselves. You should trust what the club are doing especially Mancini, He's gave us the FA Cup and the League.

make ajoint vp and wiltshire bid, we might as well buy him now no point in delaying the inevitable.

jlc09 said:
Cavani would be a good option too, won't score as many as Van Persie next season though.

How many did he score against our defence in two games? 3 (THREE)
Believe me, Cavani would be an absolute monster in the Prem. He'd probably double the number of goals we score from set pieces on his own. This is the guy we break the bank for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.