robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville Kneville said:
Scooby Blue said:
I'll say one thing for free: I'm glad Mancini is managing the club...and not some of the posters on here.

1) We won the title on Goal Difference...and needed late escapes along the way vs Spurs / Chelsea / Sunderland / QPR at home to pick up vital points.
Reason: we were sometimes a bit wasteful in front of goal or struggled to break down an organised defence.

Van Persie is both a quality finisher + CREATOR of chances...that will make us more ruthless in front of goal...+ he knows PL + CL inside out.

2) Clubs have to live + deal in the real world...where "preferred" options such as Cavani / Falcao / Ibra whatever may simply be out of reach (even for us).
For us not to consider signing last year's top PL scorer + Player of the Year...at a "realistic" price would be crazy.

3) Who knows what the real situation is with Tevez / Dzeko etc...and Mancini may be prudently planning on one or both not being here next season.

4) He is left-footed (unlike all our current striking options) and offers different tactical options / poses different challenges to defenders etc.

He may not be the most likeable of characters...but if we sign him, I can't imagine too many teams liking the prospect of facing RVP + Aguero up front.

Have you actually read any of the posts ?

mmmmm.....yes: that's why I posted what I said.

I am trying to answer the numerous posters who are asking:
- Why do we need him when we were top scorers?
- Why do we need him when we have 4 top strikers?
- Why can't we get Cavani instead etc etc ?
- What does he bring that our current strikers don't?

Have you actually read my post ?
It's not just a debate about his injury record / age / resale value etc...quite a lot of people just don't want him full-stop...and I am backing RM's judgement over theirs.

blue12 said:
NipHolmes said:
jlc09 said:
Would rather sell him abroad in all honesty.
I said he'd go didn't I mate? Could see it miles off. You need Usmanov in asap. Spurs on the up with takeover, Chelsea strengthening and City and United at the top. Days of top 4 will be over if ambition isn't shown.
Have spurs been taken over ?

Closing in mate. Heard that's why Bale is staying. If the takeover happens then they become a real force. Imo they were a world class CB and Striker away from challenging to the end for title. Even if they lose Modric they will get a classy player in. Fair play to them as much as I don't like them. A league of City. United, Chelsea, Spurs and then Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle + others is a very, very good league. Defo takes us back to best league in world over La Liga.

Scooby Blue said:
I am backing RM's judgement over theirs.

RM REALLY wants Cavani. He only likes RVP. Roberto's eyes glaze over and he starts to dribble when he talks about Cavani. The 3(THREE) goals he scored against us last season were all quality strikes.

BTW Mancini said not two days ago that all 4 strikers can stay if they want too.

Scooby Blue said:
Neville Kneville said:
Scooby Blue said:
I'll say one thing for free: I'm glad Mancini is managing the club...and not some of the posters on here.

1) We won the title on Goal Difference...and needed late escapes along the way vs Spurs / Chelsea / Sunderland / QPR at home to pick up vital points.
Reason: we were sometimes a bit wasteful in front of goal or struggled to break down an organised defence.

Van Persie is both a quality finisher + CREATOR of chances...that will make us more ruthless in front of goal...+ he knows PL + CL inside out.

2) Clubs have to live + deal in the real world...where "preferred" options such as Cavani / Falcao / Ibra whatever may simply be out of reach (even for us).
For us not to consider signing last year's top PL scorer + Player of the Year...at a "realistic" price would be crazy.

3) Who knows what the real situation is with Tevez / Dzeko etc...and Mancini may be prudently planning on one or both not being here next season.

4) He is left-footed (unlike all our current striking options) and offers different tactical options / poses different challenges to defenders etc.

He may not be the most likeable of characters...but if we sign him, I can't imagine too many teams liking the prospect of facing RVP + Aguero up front.

Have you actually read any of the posts ?

mmmmm.....yes: that's why I posted what I said.

I am trying to answer the numerous posters who are asking:
- Why do we need him when we were top scorers?
- Why do we need him when we have 4 top strikers?
- Why can't we get Cavani instead etc etc ?
- What does he bring that our current strikers don't?

Have you actually read my post ?
It's not just a debate about his injury record / age / resale value etc...quite a lot of people just don't want him full-stop...and I am backing RM's judgement over theirs.

To be honest if we'd wanted an elderly striker we could have put a bid in for Drogba. Now there's a big game player.

BlueMooner87 said:
make ajoint vp and wiltshire bid, we might as well buy him now no point in delaying the inevitable.
I don't think Wilshere will be the same player after his injury mate. 50/50 at best to be fit for the new season just for training let alone playing! A real shame as he's a fantastic young player and there's no point in rushing him back as he has age on his side. Hopefully doesn't end up like m Johnson.

All the posters saying they don't want RVP ask yourself one question -

Would you be happy if he signed for the rags?

I believe tevez will def go and Dzeko will probably go.

My prefered choice would probably be Cavaini - i like what I've seen of him and he offers us something a bit different. But I wouldn't be happy to see RVP go to the rags.

Robbo. said:
Some people need to give there head a wobble. Can not believe a few are not wanting RVP, the guys a great buy.

Its almost like children not getting there sweets at the shop! grow some fucking balls guys, you are embarrassing yourselves. You should trust what the club are doing especially Mancini, He's gave us the FA Cup and the League.

Wouldn't it actually be more like kids saying 'no thanks we're not greedy' ?

And other kids saying 'we want more sweets you're all stupid' ?

onceabluealways said:

My prefered choice would probably be Cavaini - i like what I've seen of him and he offers us something a bit different. But I wouldn't be happy to see RVP go to the rags.

Spot on.

onceabluealways said:

Would I be happy to see any good player go to United? No.

But I'd prefer an injury prone RVP to go to United than Falcao, Iniesta, Ozil, Sneijder, etc. Wouldn't want Kun to go there or Balo. Even Edin.

So it's not a good argument. The issue is would he improve us bearing in mind we'll have to offload someone.

Probably Tevez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.