robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jake28 said:
not my fault! said:
NipHolmes said:
Closing in mate. Heard that's why Bale is staying. If the takeover happens then they become a real force. Imo they were a world class CB and Striker away from challenging to the end for title. Even if they lose Modric they will get a classy player in. Fair play to them as much as I don't like them. A league of City. United, Chelsea, Spurs and then Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle + others is a very, very good league. Defo takes us back to best league in world over La Liga.

The "takeover" turned out to be Under Armour investing in the club with a large sponsorship deal. There was talk of an Arab investment but being a Jewish club I'm sure hell would freeze over before that happened.
Irrespective of that, no club will ever be taken over & money injected like happened at City ever again. FFPR have quashed any of that happening, owners can't just invest £300m as they please. We got away with it as they knew the had 3 windows to make it happen.
For me it doesn't matter if Chelsea, Spuds, Arsenal or any team get taken over or investment put into the club as they will never spend like we did. Look at the rags, floating to raise £65m to pay off debt not buy players!

FFPR will not hamper Spurs if they get taken over...the whole thing is a total farce. I very much doubt Anzi will ever break even and PSG are hardly being shy with the money they are spending. Then you have Malaga,Getafe and goodness knows who else to come after Spurs. I say spend spend spend and best of luck to all fans and clubs who were as fortunate us.

This.

If you ignore last season
RVP has averaged 9.42 league goals per season, 22 games per season.

And a goals per game ratio of 0.42.

Let's take a look at Kun's 5 seasons at AM.

175 league games 74 goals.

35 games a season. Ratio exactly the same 0.42.

So the problem is not that VP is a bad goal scorer he obviously isn't. He just doesn't play enough.

Add to that we already have our star striker who has yet to reach his prime it becomes obvious that we don't need Unreliant Robin.

Exactly, the owner knew we had only 3 windows to splash the cash, gain more sponsorship & start to show the books can be balanced & IMO it was done to perfection.
That's why you'll never see it done again, you hear PSG want to spend £200-300m this window but in reality they may spend £100m max & even less next time.
That's another reason RvP is a good purchase, he'd cost £20m & is the best forward the PL had last year. People say "resale value" but he's not a player we'd be buying to then sell on, he'd sign a 3-4 year contract & then probably retire or leave to go back home on a free. He's a player for now not the future.

richards30 said:
onceabluealways said:
All the posters saying they don't want RVP ask yourself one question -

Would you be happy if he signed for the rags?

I believe tevez will def go and Dzeko will probably go.

My prefered choice would probably be Cavaini - i like what I've seen of him and he offers us something a bit different. But I wouldn't be happy to see RVP go to the rags.
Would you be happy with rvp AND cavani mate? Bobby has to be seen to not be forcing anyone out but I've been told by 2 very good people that he wants both and dzeko, Carlos and guidetti can all go! Imagine that strike force.... Cavani, balo,aguero and rvp!!! Jesus

If we got cavani and RVP instead of Dzeko and Tevez - with one quality midfield signing we would have a chance at CL

NipHolmes said:
jake28 said:
not my fault! said:
The "takeover" turned out to be Under Armour investing in the club with a large sponsorship deal. There was talk of an Arab investment but being a Jewish club I'm sure hell would freeze over before that happened.
Irrespective of that, no club will ever be taken over & money injected like happened at City ever again. FFPR have quashed any of that happening, owners can't just invest £300m as they please. We got away with it as they knew the had 3 windows to make it happen.
For me it doesn't matter if Chelsea, Spuds, Arsenal or any team get taken over or investment put into the club as they will never spend like we did. Look at the rags, floating to raise £65m to pay off debt not buy players!

FFPR will not hamper Spurs if they get taken over...the whole thing is a total farce. I very much doubt Anzi will ever break even and PSG are hardly being shy with the money they are spending. Then you have Malaga,Getafe and goodness knows who else to come after Spurs. I say spend spend spend and best of luck to all fans and clubs who were as fortunate us.

This.

My main point was Spurs will not be getting taken over regardless of what anyone has heard.

If you look how Dave played for spain in the euro`s he was mostly out wide or running around as a striker come high up the field midfielder. I can see him playing in this role for City thus negating the need for an out and out winger. This would then enable RVP to play up front, with Aguero just behind and 3 other supporting midfielders. Backing this up would be Yaya. People who say they dont want RVP just need to look at his assists aswell as his goals. A master poacher as well as passer and scorer of the spectacular he would slot perfectly in Bobbys idea of a team playing at home. I also have a feeling someone like sneijder is coming.

..............HART............

MR/ZAB...VK....JL.....GC

............YAYA.............

Dave.......WS/Another.........SN
........SA.......
..............RVP.............

Away from home we could slide NDJ in alonside Yaya or Barry and drop Nasri. I know it doesn`t look like theres a lot of width but if we push GC and MR up on either side we wont need out and out wingers.

The team above would win the league and we`d have a good go at the Chumps league.

onceabluealways said:
richards30 said:
onceabluealways said:
All the posters saying they don't want RVP ask yourself one question -

Would you be happy if he signed for the rags?

I believe tevez will def go and Dzeko will probably go.

My prefered choice would probably be Cavaini - i like what I've seen of him and he offers us something a bit different. But I wouldn't be happy to see RVP go to the rags.
Would you be happy with rvp AND cavani mate? Bobby has to be seen to not be forcing anyone out but I've been told by 2 very good people that he wants both and dzeko, Carlos and guidetti can all go! Imagine that strike force.... Cavani, balo,aguero and rvp!!! Jesus

If we got cavani and RVP instead of Dzeko and Tevez - with one quality midfield signing we would have a chance at CL
It's what bobby wants from what I've been told mate. He loves rvp and cavani and if the numbers permit will take both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.