robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lastmanback said:
AntonDonJuan said:
I don't think sky blue will suit Van Persie, so for that reason, i'm out
And I don't like footballers with grey hair.

They are the best two reasons I've seen posted for not wanting RVP so far to be fair.

Re: Do we need RVP?

I'm even more surprised we are even after a striker.

Young said:
I'm even more surprised we are even after a striker.
Me too. That's the main position where we don't need anyone. We have five strikers. What we do need as priority is someone with pace who can play wide, and a back up centre half. That's why we had a look at Cerci and Hazard and also why we've signed Boateng and Savic in the last two Summers. We didn't end up going for Cerci or Hazard and we let Boateng go and I don't think Savic looks the business. So we are yet to address these two priorities.

What I have noticed under Mancini is that he hasn't gone for media targets nor people who seem to be dick heads or have a chip on their shoulder. van Persie is a media target and has a massive chip on his shoulder. I've never liked him, regardless of how good any of his performances have ever been (and to be honest for the majority of his career he's been above average, nothing more - he had one outstanding season last season) he's always seemed like a proper tool. So I'm surprised again that we'd be going for him.

Also look at his age and his injury record, also take last season out of the equation...I would be extremely underwhelmed to sign this guy.

jimmy blue shoes said:
Do we need RVP.

Last seasons player of the year and half this forum think he's not good enough for city! Turning into spoilt kids!

Tevez doesn't want to be here and probably wont be come the end of the window.

So a BIG yes from me!

So we should buy Scott Parker?

Radamel Falcao García, age 26
Edinson Cavani, age 25
Karim Benzema, age 24
Gonzalo Higuaín, age 24

All have been much better players than 'van knob head' was at their age and are all much less injury prone.

That's even if we needed a striker.

I honestly can't for the life of me understand why this deal, if it comes off, represents a gamble.

RVP was the leading goal scorer in the PL last year with 30 goals - that was in a side that finished 19 points behind us. Not only that, he was absolutely fucking class and scored all different types of goals. With regards to injury, yeah, he could miss a few games, but that goes for every other player in our squad.

We could get two to three years whilst he's at his peak as speed has never been a necessity to the way he plays; it's movement, anticipation and finishing which he excels at.

I tell you what though, it shows you how far we have come when people are arguing/discussing the merits of signing Arsenal's best player and the leading Premier League scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.